Sprint currently offers a number of tools and ways to assist customers with the management of their wireless bills and voice, data and text usage, including:
- En Español
- Text "Usage" to 1311:You can text the keyword "usage" to "1311" to get a free text message with information concerning your voice, text messaging and data usage.
- Dial * 4: You may dial * 4 on your Sprint phone to receive text, data, and voice minute usage via an interactive voice response (IVR) platform. At the end of the call, you can request your usage information to be sent to you via a text message.
- Alerts for Voice and/or Text Usage: Effective March 1, 2013, Sprint will provide usage alerts when customers reach approximately 85% and 100% of their plan limits for voice minutes or text messages (if applicable). The primary account holder will receive the usage alert (for domestic usage) via text message or email (depending on their preference) that they have reached the applicable threshold. Click here for a list of eligible plans.
- Alerts for Data Usage on Mobile Broadband, Tablet, Mobile Hotspot and Phone as Modem while on the Sprint network: Sprint provides customers email or text alerts after they exceed 75%, 90% and 100% of their data allowance (and at 20% increments of their original data allowance thereafter). These alerts are sent to the primary account holder of the data plans (e.g., data cards, MiFi hotspots, netbooks and tablets) and handset add-ons (e.g, mobile hotspots and phone as modem). For LTE tablets after exceeding 100%, your on-network data usage will be suspended. You have the option to continue to use it and pay the overage charges or leave on-network data service suspended until the beginning of your next billing cycle. If you consent to continue to use on-network data service, you will continue to receive text or email notifications after exceeding 20% increments over your original data allowance. Sprint does not send data usage alerts to subscribers using data included with their monthly plans because Sprint currently allows unlimited handset data usage on the Sprint network.
- Alerts for Data Usage on Mobile Broadband, Mobile Hotspot and Phone as Modem while Roaming: If you use your mobile broadband card, MiFi hotspot, mobile hotspots on handsets, phone as modem, netbook or tablet while roaming nationwide, you may use up to the monthly data roaming allowance included in your plan. Sprint will send you a text message or email after you exceed 75%, 90% and 100% of your data usage limit. After exceeding 100%, your roaming data usage will be suspended. You have the option to continue to use it and pay the overage charges or leave data roaming service suspended until the beginning of your next billing cycle. If you consent to continue to use roaming data service, you will continue to receive text or email notifications after exceeding 20% increments over your original data roaming allowance.
- Alerts for International Usage: Sprint sends a "welcome" message when an international roaming subscriber first registers in a foreign country. The "welcome" message is a text message including details on the casual rates for voice, texts and data in that particular country. In addition, Sprint sends notifications in approximately $50 increments of international data roaming charges. Casual international roaming users will be required to opt-in when usage charges meet or exceed approximately $100 and $300. Customers on international data plans must opt-in when they meet their data allowance and when they incur approximately $300 in overage charges. All customers incurring approximately $500 of international data usage charges will be suspended, but usage can be restored by contacting Sprint. Sprint will continue to send notifications at approximately $50 increments over $500.
- Overage Monitoring: Sprint monitors the wireless usage of new and existing customers. If Sprint has an email address for new customers, during the first six months of service, the company will notify them via email the first time they have incurred $10 or more in voice, text or data overage charges. Existing customers with email addresses on file will be notified if they incur $20 or more in voice, text or data overages in two of the last six months. Sprint also identifies and alerts customers through outbound calls or texts when they incur extremely and unusually high overages for the first time. In all cases, Sprint customer service agents will educate customers on how to avoid the overages in the future and will recommend a plan that will better meet their wireless needs.
- MySprint: Sprint customers can access and manage their accounts 24/7 by logging on to http://mysprint.sprint.com. Customers can access this site on their smartphone, tablet or personal computer to easily view any alerts or notifications involving their account. Customers can also obtain detailed usage information (e.g. casual data usage) as well as billing and payment history. Sprint also offers widgets that iGoogle and Facebook users can download to stay informed on usage, call details and upgrade eligibility.
- Sprint Plan Optimizer: Sprint Plan Optimizer gives consumer customers the power to analyze their own wireless usage trends and help make educated and informed decisions about their plans. The Sprint Plan Optimizer, available at www.sprint.com/planfit, also helps customers understand unplanned costs, such as overages (if applicable), and provides a breakout of monthly costs and average monthly usage patterns for voice minutes, text messaging and data.
Usage reporting and usage alerts (for data and international) are provided at the time the information is received and processed by Sprint's billing system. This causes a delay that is normally minimal for on-network usage. However, the delay can be up to 60 days for off-network and international roaming due to reliance on records received from other carriers.
To set your usage alert preferences for email or text Log in to your account at http://mysprint.sprint.com, go to "My Preferences", and select "Email Notification" and then the "Security and Usage Notification" section to select Email or text messages. If no preference is selected, Sprint will use text messaging as the default for usage alerts.