Scroll to Main content, Navigation, Search
Apps for Smartphones
For Android™ devices, there are a variety of applications that provide enhanced accessibility. Sprint suggests users visit Google Play™ to learn more about the Eyes-Free Project from Google and check out these other applications available on Google Play:
- TalkBack by Google: a screen reader that provides spoken feedback when using native Android applications
- Accessibility Preferences by Eyes-Free Project
- Talking Compass by Eyes-Free Project
- Preference settings for accessibility applications such as TalkBack
Wireless Accessibility highlights:
- Touch navigation: Users can simply move their finger around the screen and voice synthesis will read the text below their finger. Swipe up/down/right/left and tap the screen to navigate through the interface, using optional sound and vibration feedback.
- Easy text input: Use the touch QWERTY keyboard or speech recognition to write text quickly and easily – making it possible to write a text message or email using only your voice.
- Voice synthesis: Provides natural sounding voice read-back.