Information for customers who are seniors
At Sprint, our Corporate Responsibility platform is centered on doing the right thing. This means conducting our businesses in a socially and environmentally responsible manner. As a communications company, it is important to provide solutions for all of our customers at every stage of life.
Our goal is to offer solutions that allow customers to stay connected as well as feel safe and secure.
This is vitally important to the aging population as many begin facing life changes such as hearing or vision loss. We strive to make solutions that are easy to use with functionality that meets our customers' needs.
Kyocera Verve - an easy-to-use feature phone
Kyocera Verve is a compact, easy-to-use feature phone with a slide-out QWERTY keypad for those who like to keep things simple. Utilize the slide-out QWERTY keyboard to send texts or updating your Facebook profile in a second. Verve is perfect for those customers that want to stay in touch but don't want the high cost of smartphone data plans.
Accessible features include:
Certified by the independent
UL Environment, this phone contains environmentally-preferable materials with a minimal environmental impact.
Hearing aid compatible M4 and T3
Vibrating and LED alerts
Supports English and Spanish
In Case of Emergency (ICE) shortcut
ALCATEL ONETOUCH Retro™ is an easy-to-use, affordable flip phone with features that make it accessible to individuals who are blind or visually impaired, Deaf or hard of hearing, as well as seniors .
- Verbally described user interface for customers who are visually impaired
- Variable speed text-to-speech (TTS) readout of menus, text messaging, notifications and more
- Accessible web browsing experience described verbally to a user
- Large, tactile keypad with well-defined buttons
- Black and white screen option to accommodate a variety of vision ranges
- Multiple font sizes
- In Case of Emergency (ICE) and 911 shortcut keys
- Hearing aid compatibility (HAC): Rating M4/T4
Other Key Features:
- External display
- 2MP rear camera
- Hands-free Bluetooth support
- Built-in music player (requires SD card)
Environmental Certification: Certified by the independent UL Environment, this phone contains environmentally-preferable materials with a minimal environmental impact.
- Right out of the box, your phone speaks to you. Get immediate voice guidance on how to setup and activate your phone as you are guided through every step to making your first phone call. It's easy and it's optional for those who prefer a different method.
Sprint developed this startup wizard to improve accessibility "out-of-the-box" experience for LG smartphone devices. In addition to pre-loading Google TalkBack on select LG devices, Sprint has ensured that blind and visually impaired users obtain immediate voice guidance when a new LG device is first powered up. Accessible Now assists with device set-up and activation, making these devices infinitely more accessible for blind and low vision consumers.
- Service that helps blind and low vision users to interact with Android devices more easily. This application adds spoken, audible, and vibration feedback to your device. It is a system application that was pre-installed on most devices and is updated when the accessibility service is improved.
Samsung smartphones support two "Home screen" modes: Standard Mode and Easy Mode.
- Easy Mode configures your Home screen to provide an easier experience for users with a simpler layout and larger fonts.
- Standard Mode configures your Home screen with all of the conventional functions designed by Samsung.
- LG has a similar mode called "Easy Home" available on select LG devices.
Downloadable applications -
Users can find a host of third-party applications to help make their phones even more accessible. The sites below will give you a good start in finding apps that fit your needs.