Safe & Found is a mobile safe and security application which allows a "family" to be setup with one "parent" and up to 5 "child" members which can be from other carriers. All family members can view each other's locations on a map and set up safety areas so other members can receive notifications when members leave those areas. Users can also locate a lost or stolen device and remotely lock it. The SOS button is available for emergencies which alerts all family members. Uswers can also restrict and block calls and SMS from untrusted parties.
Safe & Found
An all inclusive family safety and security solution helping you get peace of mind. We combined Family Location and Parental Controls features to help families share locations, customize digital content (apps, games & web access) and block calls/SMS from untrusted parties.
- Terms and Conditions
- Sprint Postpaid customers on Android, iOS and even Wi-Fi only phones or tablets.
- “Parent” on the plan must be a Sprint customer in good standing.
- Quickly add “family” members from other carriers, virtually anywhere in the world.
Note: “Child” members are not required to be Sprint users or on the Sprint network.
Any network including all Sprint networks.
Android version 4.1 +
iOS version 9.0 +
Daily safety checks on an iOS "child" device is recommended to help provide more accurate location tracking. A data connection is required to perform a location search. If GPS is off, the phone cannot be located.
Android phone or tablet, iOS phone or tablet, and any PC with internet access and a browser. "Parent" device must have internet service to find child phone locations from the phone. Child can also be found via any internet enabled computer with a web browser
Android phone or tablet, iOS phone or tablet. All “child” phones must download the Safe & Found application. Explicit consent from the child phone must be confirmed before location and parental control functions are enabled. Daily Safety checks on an iOS child device are recommended to help provide more accurate location tracking on iOS devices. There will be continual notifications on “child” phones that Safe & Found is running.
15 day FREE trial of full functionality is available for all new customers.
- $6.99/mo.: Provides full functionality (location, parental controls); monthly recurring charge per account for up to 5 devices.
- $5.99/mo.: Provides location only (only available for legacy Sprint Family Locator users who opt in during the free trial)
- $4.99/mo.: Provides parental controls only (only available for legacy Sprint Family Locator users who opt in during the free trial)
Through the Sprint customer Portal:
1. Go to Sprint.com
2. Log into your My Sprint Account
3. Go to go to My Sprint > Add / Remove Services
4. Select the My Services tab
5. From the My device and media tile ribbon, click Safe & Found
Note: User may need to scroll across the tile ribbon to find the service
6. The Sprint.com portal will redirect to the Safe & Found mini-site to complete sign up
Through the Google Play Store:
Android phones or tablets:
1. Go directly to the Google Play Store
2. Search for Safe and Found
3. Select and download the application
4. Install and open to complete sign up
NOTE: iOS phones and tablets CANNOT sign up by going directly to the Apple App Store; will receive a message that you are not a subscriber
For AOS and iOS
1. Go directly to safeandfound.sprint.com on phone or tablet
2. On safeandfound.sprint.com, go to sign up options in the top right corner
3. Once sign up is selected, will be directed to: https://safeandfound.sprint.com/subscription/create
4. Sign up for the service and you will receive an SMS with the link to download the app
5. Select and download the application
6. Install and open to complete sign up
Through Care, Telesales or in a retail store:
1. When speaking to Sprint Care or Telesales, or in a Sprint store, ask to have Sprint Safe & Found added to your account
2. You will receive an SMS with links to follow to complete sign up
The Safe & Found app uses information collected from the device's GPS, Wi-Fi network and cellular network to determine the location of a user's device.
To stop billing, the subscripiton must be canceled. Uninstalling the application will not cancel your subscription and cannot be canceled from within the app. Visit the Safe & Found Customer Portal to cancel the Safe & Found subscription at any time.
You can also cancel via sprint.com:
- Login to your My Sprint account
- Go to go to My Sprint > Add / Remove Services
- Select the My Services tab to manage services
You can also go to a store or contact care to ask to have Safe & Found canceled. Upon canceling your service, your subscription will be valid until the period you paid for is complete. No proration of services.
For iOS, uninstall as you would any application.
For AOS, follow these steps:
- In the Apps window, drag the Safe & Found icon to the Trash can
- Select OK when asked if you want to uninstall
- A Safe & Found window will open with information about the Device Administrator
- Select "Manage Device Administrators"
- On the Device Administration Settings, unselect Safe & Found
- On the next device administrator page, select "deactivate this device from administrator"
- Select "OK" that Safe & Found will stop working if you proceed
- The Application will close, and return to the home screen
- Go back to the Apps window and drag the Safe & Found icon to the Trash Can
- Select OK when asked if you want to uninstall
- Application is now uninstalled
Locations are available to everyone in the family if the devices have location turned on. To make changes to sharing locations:
- Open the Safe & Found app on the device you do not want located
- Click on the Setting icon and turn off "Share this phone's location"
- If it is a "child" phone, the "family" code will need to be entered
The notifications to "child" devices can be turned off from within the "child" app. Open the App and go to the settings to turn on or off the notifications from all "family" members.
Check the timestamp to see if the location is current. Make sure GPS is on:
For Android devices make sure GPS is set on high accuracy. iOS devices don't have an additional setting; just make sure Location Services for the app are enabled.
Having Wi-Fi turned on can also increase precision. If location fails to update, open the app and ping someone's location. Daily safety checks on an iOS "child" device is recommended to help provide more accurate location tracking on iOS devices.
Remove per usual Goolge and iOS app uninstall, no PIN is required. See cancellation info above if canceling the service.
On the Safe & Found customer portal, use the "change password" link. Once logged in, you'll stay logged in.
If it's the "parent" device, the link to sign up will need to be re-sent to the device. Sign in with your password. If it's the "child" device, the invitation will need to be re-sent to the phone or tablet.
The notification are could be too large so no change in location is noted. Notifications could be delayed due to system checks or location notifications could be turned off.
You may need to reset the size of your notification area if in a building where signal is not strong.
You may need to increase the size of your notification area. If you have been making updates to your phone or tablet, this might have inadvertently impacted location. You may have unknowingly toggled your location on or off which can happen when going into airplane mode.
Wi-Fi is not required to use Safe & Found, however it can help with accuracy. Within the notification, you can select to not receive these notices.
Location services on the phone or tablet might be of. The device itself may be off or the battery may be dead. Please also see inaccurate location Q&A above.
Yes, but the parent's password is required. All devices can uninstall the app and turn off location services without a password.
Sprint Safe and Found Terms and Conditions
Safe & Found is a family location application, which allows the user to be always connected with family. With Safe & Found, the user can create an account with a set amount of mobile devices and monitor them using features that allow users to send text alerts to designated response contacts (“Safe & Found” or “Safe & Found Service”). These Terms and Conditions apply to your use of and access to the Safe & Found Service (“Safe & Found Terms”). In addition to the Safe Path Terms of Service, your use of and access to the Safe & Found Service is governed by Sprint’s General Terms and Conditions of Service (“Ts&Cs”), www.sprint.com/termsandconditions, the information collected and used by the Safe and Sound Service is described in the Privacy Notice available within the application; as well as any other documents or materials that we provide or refer you to as described in the Ts&Cs (collectively, “Agreement”). By using the Safe & Found Service, you are agreeing to or accepting these Safe & Found Terms of Service and you acknowledge that you have read and understand this Agreement and agree to its terms.
For purposes of interpreting these Safe & Found Terms of Service and the Ts&Cs with respect to the Safe & Found Service, the Safe & Found Service are included in the definition of “Services” in the Ts&Cs. Capitalized terms used and not defined in these Safe & Found Terms of Service are used as defined in the Ts&Cs.
Sprint may modify the Safe & Found Service, the Safe & Found Terms of Service, and the Ts&Cs at any time in its sole discretion. When and how Sprint will provide you notice of these changes is contained in the Ts&Cs or will otherwise be communicated to you. Your continued use of the Safe & Found Service following any change will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by the modified Agreement. If you do not agree with the modifications, your sole and exclusive remedy is to stop using the Safe & Found Service.
1. Mandatory Arbitration. As detailed in the Ts&Cs, you and Sprint agree to a mandatory arbitration provision that provides that (except for matters properly brought to small claims court) any claim, controversy, or dispute of any kind between you and must be resolved by final and binding arbitration on an individual and not a class-wide or consolidated basis.
2. Consent to Electronic and Email Communications. You agree to electronic invoice delivery via email, confirm your ability to access your invoice online, and understand that you can change electronic delivery at any time. You also agree that you will promptly provide Sprint with an updated email address if it changes. Sprint may use the email address that you provide to communicate with you about the Safe & Found Service. Sprint may also use your email to tell you about Sprint products and services unless you have asked not to receive marketing emails from Sprint.
3. Electronic Signature and Disclosure Consent Notice. You agree to the use of electronic documents and records in connection with your registration for Safe & Found Service and all future documents and records in connection with Safe & Found Service—including without limitation this electronic signature and disclosure notice—and that this use satisfies any requirement that we provide you these documents and their content in writing. If you do not agree, do not accept this Agreement. You have the right to receive a paper copy of all documents and records. You may (i) obtain a paper copy of any document or record (free of charge), (ii) withdraw your consent to the use of electronic documents and records, or (iii) update your contact information by calling Customer Care at 866-275-1411 or at sprint.com. Your clicking on the “I accept” button indicates your signature and your acceptance of this notice.
4. How Does Safe & Found Work? With Safe & Found, you can see your family on a private map, receive geo-fencing alerts, or get help in an emergency. Subscribers to Safe & Found also have the ability to add more family devices, add geo-fencing areas, activate parental controls, and more. With Safe & Found you can create a family account with a set amount of mobile devices and protect everyone with a variety of features, including (depending on the device): (a) Define safety areas and be automatically alerted when family members get in or out of these areas; (b) Locate family members’ phones in real time; (c) Send a Panic Alert to all members of your Safe & Found account; (d) Restrict calls to your family phone numbers and control when apps can be used; and (e) Find, ring, lock and wipe any family phone if lost or stolen.
5. Actions Safe & Found Enables. Safe & Found allows users to respond to on demand location requests, remotely lock family member devices, remotely ring family member devices, remotely wipe family member devices, and remotely request family member on demand location. Safe & Found also has parental controls that allow a user to restrict access to applications on demand, respond to app restrictions on demand authorization requests, provide time based apps restrictions support, calls restrictions support, manage family member general apps restrictions, manage family member apps restrictions (individually per app), manage family member call restrictions, and filter URLs.
6. Limitations. Due to limitations enforced by your device operating system, Safe & Found cannot guarantee that location/status information will be sent every 30 minutes to the server. To reduce the impact of this limitation, Safe & Found also relies on geo-fencing and location changes events that occur on the device to wake up and opportunistically send location/status information to the server. Nevertheless, the effectiveness of this approach ultimately depends on whether the device is moving or not. Please read the Safe & Found FAQs for more information about how Safe & Found works.
Effective Date: September 6, 2017
Sprint Safe & Found Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice governs our data practices in connection with your use of the Sprint Safe & Found application (the “Application”) on your mobile device. Sprint Safe & Found is provided by Sprint (“Sprint”, “we”, “us” or “our”).
What information does the Application obtain?
We collect personally identifiable information about you in various ways, including when it is part of User Provided Information and Automatically Collected Information, further explained below (“Personal Information”). We may also get information from other sources and may combine it with information we collect about you. Personal Information includes information that is used to identify you, and does not include aggregate or anonymous information.
User Provided Information. The Application obtains the information you provide when you download or launch and use the Application. We collect information you enter into our system when using the Application. This information may include your first and last name, PIN, geofenced areas, photograph or avatar, and phone number.
Automatically Collected Information. In addition, the Application collects certain information automatically, such as: the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, precise geolocation, and information about the way you use the Application.
Does the Application collect my location?
The Application collects your precise location as part of its core function to allow you and those you have authorized to share each other’s location. You may at any time change your decision to share your location by taking the following actions:
- turning off sharing of the device's location in the Sprint Safe & Found Settings menu; or
- turning off location services for Sprint Safe & Found from the Location Services setting in Settings on your iOS device.
- turning off sharing of the device's location in the Sprint Safe & Found Settings menu; or
- deactivating Location in Settings on your Android device.
Please note, the Application may not properly function, or cease to function, if location tracking is disabled since location awareness is integral to its features.
How is Personal Information used?
We use your Personal Information to do things like:
- Provide you with the Application’s services, including to contact you from time to time and provide you with important information, required notices, and promotions
- Protect our rights and property and those of our other customers
- Respond to legal process and emergencies
- Develop or inform you of new products and services
- Anonymize or aggregate personal information for various purposes like market analysis or traffic flow analysis and reporting
- Monitor, evaluate or improve our products, services, or networks
- Customize or personalize your experience with our services
Do third parties see and/or have access to Personal Information obtained by the Application?
We may share your information with third parties generally in the ways that are described in this Privacy Notice. We may disclose Personal Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request
- with our trusted services providers who work on our behalf
- with affiliated companies
We may use tools or third-party analytical software to collect and use certain non-personal information that does not identify you. The types of non-personal information we may collect and use include, but are not limited to, the Automatically Collected Information described above.
Your Information Use Choices
You may stop all information collection by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes available as part of your mobile device or uninstall the Application through your device’s associated app store (e.g., Apple App Store or Google Play).
Personal information about you may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, or sale of our assets. In the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, Personal Information may also be transferred as a business asset.
We do not use the Application to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your Personal Information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for Personal Information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
Data Retention Policy
We will retain data for as long as you use the Application and for a reasonable time thereafter.
This Privacy Notice may be updated from time to time for any reason. We will notify you of any changes to our Privacy Notice by posting the new Privacy Notice and as otherwise required by law. You are advised to consult this Privacy Notice regularly for any changes.
By using the Services, you are consenting to our use and processing of your User Provided and Automatically Collected Information as set forth in this Privacy Notice now, and as amended by us. “Processing” includes using cookies on a computer/hand held device or using or touching information in any way, including, but not limited to, collecting, storing, deleting, using, combining and disclosing information.
If you reside outside the United States, your information will be transferred to the United States and may be processed and stored according to U.S. privacy standards. By using the Application and providing information to us, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in, the United States.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please contact us at email@example.com.