Keep your voicemail secure
The best way to protect your voicemail from unauthorized access is to use a passcode. Sprint Voicemail has always offered a Skip Passcode feature, which allows you to access your voicemail account from your Sprint phone without entering a passcode.
Without a passcode, anyone who has your handset can access your messages. If someone gains access to your voicemail account without your permission, they could:
- Listen to your new and saved voicemails
- Place outbound calls through your wireless account
If you are concerned about unauthorized access to your voicemail account or you don't currently use a passcode, we strongly recommend you enable the passcode you established during set up. To enable the passcode feature on your account:
- Access your voicemail account from your Sprint phone
- Once in the main menu, choose Change Personal Options
- Next, choose Administrative Options
- You will hear Skip Passcode is currently turned on. To turn it off, follow the prompts.
- The passcode you originally created will be played to you. Be sure to remember it as you will need to enter it to gain access to your voicemail in the future.
For visual voicemail, secure your device with a PIN code, password, fingerprint or other method offered by your device manufacturer.
Note: To keep your account secure, remember to change your passcode often
Last updated Tue Sep 12 2017