- Text messaging is also known as texting or SMS. This means you can send and receive text-based messages between mobile phones.
- Each message is deducted from your plan's alloted text messages, and you'll be charged fees if you don't have a plan.
- Users can also sign up for a commercial short code message (such as a promotional or product message, appointment or reservation reminder, purchase receipt, etc.) via a website/online or on their device by inputting their phone number or by sending a keyword. For example, a user can text JOIN to 12345 to get stock price updates or COUPON to 34567 for pizza coupons or input their number on a website to receive airline flight updates.
FAQs about text messaging
- All messaging services are required to have the STOP keyword that allows you to opt-out of the service at your convenience.
- Locate the 5 to 6 digit number or premium service identifier called a short code listed on the from line in the text message sent to your phone.
- Send a text message to the short code by replying to the text message or by entering the short code in the to field of a new text message. Enter the keyword STOP in the body of the text.
- You should receive a text message confirming your cancellation.
- If you do not receive a cancellation confirmation, you can block future messaging by logging into your account at Sprint.com, My Sprint, My Preferences, and under Limits and Permissions, Block Text Messages, Block Only these numbers for inbound and outbound text messages, and add the 4-8 digit number that initiated the unwanted message. This methodology can also be used to block any 10-digit number sending unwanted messages.
- You can also text the word HELP to the short code to receive the Service Provider's customer care phone number or support website.
- The term "Premium" in Premium Messaging means that there were charges incurred above and beyond your current monthly plan fees.
- For instance, if you purchased a ringtone that is delivered to your phone via a text message, the cost of the ringtone is in addition to your current monthly plan fees. Premium Text messaging, which had a charge, is no longer offered through Sprint Billing. There are now no purchase charges associated with short code SMS text messaging.
Was this helpful?
Last updated Thu Jun 01 2017