FAQs about $5 early upgrade option
There are three ways:
- If you participated in one of our Forever Programs, once eligible, you may choose to upgrade to the latest iPhone or Samsung models with a new lease agreement and give back your current eligible device.
- Purchase your device with Sprint Flex Lease and add the Early Upgrade option for $5/month. After you've paid the $5 add-on for 12 consecutive months, you can turn in your device and upgrade to a new device.
- Individual Unlimited Plus Plans have an annual upgrade built in. After 12 consecutive lease payments, you can turn in your device and upgrade to a new device via lease or monthly installments.
The early upgrade option is available to customers who are upgrading a to a phone through Sprint Flex lease that does not already have an early upgrade option built in. Simply choose to add-on the $5/month/line early upgrade option within 30 days of activation of a new phone.
After you've paid the $5 monthly charge for 12 consecutive months, you can upgrade to a new phone on lease. Giveback of your current phone will be required. See Sprint Giveback Program Terms for details. The charge will discontinue either when you choose to upgrade the phone fulfill your lease term. installment payments.
The $5 Early Upgrade add-on is not available for customers who purchase a phone with 2-yr discount pricing.
Yes, you can cancel at any time. If you cancel, you will not be permitted to add the option back until your next phone purchase with lease. You will also lose the option to upgrade early if you have not completed any early upgrades that you are eligible to receive. Early upgrade option payments made prior to cancelling the option are not refundable.
Sprint Lease or iPhone for Life Plan requires:
- Active add-on thru time of upgrade with minimum of 12 consecutive payments of both the add-on lease agreement for phones.
- New phone installment or lease agreement.
- Account in good standing.
- Give back of current eligible device in good and functional condition.
After upgrade, remaining unbilled lease payments for giveback device are waived. A device upgrade does not guarantee customer can retain current plan.
Early Upgrade for iPhone Forever Plan and Galaxy Forever Plan: Customer may choose to upgrade to the latest iPhone or Galaxy model with a new lease agreement and give back of current eligible device in good working condition. After upgrade, remaining unbilled lease payments for giveback device are waived. The lease amount will reflect current lease pricing available at the time of the upgrade.
Last updated Thu Nov 01 2018