Worldwide traveling tips
Before you travel
Make calls: To place an international call, dial the international access code, country code, and the number. Plus code dialing simplifies international dialing, simpy dial "+" in place of the international access code. For example: Calling back to the U.S., dial "+" then "1" and enter the 10 digit phone number.
Receive calls: Callers do not need to dial anything differently, and they will not pay extra to reach you. Simply ensure your device is powered on to receive calls.
To send a text to a U.S.-based number, simply enter the 10-digit number. To send a text to an international number, enter "+" or "011" followed by the country code and number. Texts can only be sent to and received from international carriers supported by Sprint. For a list of supported carriers, check sprint.com/internationalmessaging
Accessing data service
Data services must have been utilized on the Sprint network with the device prior to departure for services to work while roaming. For help varifying your data roaming settings, visit sprint.com/support
If you happen to experience trouble connecting to services while traveling, follow steps below.
- Verify the device is not in "Airplane Mode". Then, power the device off and back on. This will force your device to re-register with the roaming partner.
- Ensure the device is set to allow roaming
- If the issue is not resolved, please contact Sprint Worldwide Care. The following information may be needed to complete further troubleshooting:
- Your wireless phone number
- City, country you are traveling in
- Contact number (hotel, etc.)
- Time available for troubleshooting
- Duration you will be in the area where trouble is occurring
- Error messages displayed on device or heard while calling
- If the issue is related to calling or texting, are you able to access data?
- If the issue is related to data, are you able to make calls or send texts?
Contacting Sprint Worldwide Customer Care
Sprint coverage and rates are subject to change at any time without notice; check www.sprint.com/sww for coverage and information prior to travel.