International traveling tips
Before you travel
Make sure that service is available for your destination(s): Check coverage on sprint.com/sww
- Sprint Global Roaming is auto-enabled on capable devices: sprint.com/globalroaming
- Verify International Roaming settings: Ensure device is set to allow voice and data roaming
- Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data > Cellular Data Options > Roaming > Voice & Data Roaming > Voice Roaming (green) and Data Roaming (green)
- Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Roaming > International Roaming > Voice/Text On (accept warning) > Data Roaming On
Make calls: To place an international call, dial the international access code, country code, and the number. Plus code dialing simplifies international dialing, just dial “+” in place of the international access code. For example: When calling back to the U.S., dial “+” then “1” and enter the 10-digit phone number.
Note: Turn off Wi-Fi calling in device settings to access cellular networks while roaming internationally. Calls placed using Wi-Fi calling are subject to international long distance rates. Details for Wi-Fi calling on sprint.com/wfcfaq
Receive calls: Callers do not need to dial anything differently, and they will not pay extra to reach you.
To send a text to a U.S.-based number: Simply enter the 10-digit number.
To send a text to an international number: Enter “+” or “011” followed by the country code and number.
Texts can only be sent to and received from international carriers supported by Sprint. For a list of supported carriers, check sprint.com/internationalmessaging
Accessing data service
Data services must have been utilized on the Sprint network with the device prior to departure for services to work while roaming.
Sprint Global Roaming basic data is included at no additional cost. See https://intlroam.sprint.com to access high-speed data options while traveling abroad (link not accessible from Wi-Fi or while in the United States).
If you have trouble connecting to services while traveling, follow the steps below.
- Verify the device is not in “Airplane Mode”. Then, power the device off and back on. This will force your device to re-register with the roaming partner.
- Ensure the device is set to allow roaming
- If the issue is not resolved, please contact Sprint Worldwide Care. The following information may be needed to complete further troubleshooting:
- Your wireless phone number
- City, country you are traveling in
- Contact number (hotel, etc.)
- Time available for troubleshooting
- Duration you will be in the area where trouble is occurring
- Error messages displayed on device or heard while calling
- If the issue is related to calling or texting, are you able to access data?
- If the issue is related to data, are you able to make calls or send texts?
Contacting Sprint Worldwide Customer Care
Sprint Worldwide Support is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Email / Chat: sprint.com/swwsupport
Call from the United States: 1-888-226-7212
Call from another country: +1-817-698-4199 (free call when placed from Sprint devices)
Sprint coverage and rates are subject to change at any time without notice; check www.sprint.com/sww for coverage and information prior to travel.