The Sprint Network Tool App makes it easier to find the best location in your home or business to set up your Magic Box without having to physically move the box to test different windows. You can download the App here:
Yes, any version of Magic Box can benefit from the Sprint Network Tool App.
The Sprint Network Tool App uses Compass, Signal Meter and SpeedTest features to find the most ideal location in your home or business to set-up your Magic Box. You can download the App here:
All customers must first qualify for Sprint Magic Box. Qualification is based on a number of network and account criteria to ensure that Magic Box will work for the customer and the Sprint Network.
Sprint Magic Box is available to both consumers and businesses that qualify. Customers, click here to see if Magic Box functions in your area or call Customer Care at 1-844-463-3194.
Qualification is based on a number of network and account criteria to ensure that Magic Box will work for the customer and the Sprint Network. Not all locations are in Sprint Magic Box coverage areas. Many other factors are considered during the qualification process.
No, Magic Box only improves data network speeds. It will not improve Sprint voice coverage. If you have issues with your voice coverage, please call Sprint Customer Care at 1-888-211-4727 to see what options might be available to you.
Magic Box is free to use and there are no upfront costs. However, if you do not plug in and use your Magic Box or return it, you can be charged a $140 fee. Refer to next question if you wish to initiate a return or call Sprint Customer Care at 1-888-211-4727.
To return your Magic Box, please call Sprint Customer Care at 1-844-463-3194 to get a pre-paid Return Kit sent from Sprint free of charge. There is no cost to the customer for return shipping.
There are very few differences between the Magic Box you currently have and the newest model. The functionality is the same and there no major drivers to upgrade. For these reasons, and the fact that supply is limited, Magic Boxes cannot be upgraded at any time. Sprint hopes that you are enjoying the improved data speeds that your current functioning Magic Box is providing free of charge.
This is most commonly because the Sprint Magic Box is not pointed in the most optimal direction or was moved without re-running the setup wizard. The box uses directional antennas to connect to the nearest tower and will perform best when pointed at the nearest tower. Follow these instructions to return to factory default and try different locations in your home for the box. If that doesn’t fix the issue, please call Magic Box Technical Support at 844-463-3194 for assistance.
Please note: The LTE data speeds achieved while using a Magic Box depend on the Sprint network in your area. If the network signal is strong, you’ll achieve faster speeds with the Magic Box than if the signal is not as strong. This is why Magic Box experiences for customers may vary.
Click to access Magic Box "User Guides” or "Tutorials”. If you need further assistance call Sprint Magic Box Technical Support at 1-844-463-3194.
Yes, once you move within range of the Sprint Magic Box, your Sprint phone will detect it and use it to support LTE data.
The Magic Box produces a specific LTE data signal used by newer devices. If you’re using an older device, it may not attach to the signal produced by the Magic Box.
Also, some customers may have very strong LTE signal from the Sprint network at their location and the LTE device won’t move to the Magic Box in this scenario.
Try leaving the phone idle for a few minutes and then check again. This fixes the issue most of the time. Also, you can try putting your phone in Airplane mode and then taking it back off Airplane mode. If this doesn’t work, please call Sprint Magic Box Support at 1-844-463-3194 for assistance.
Based on optimal conditions, Sprint Magic Box can provide average coverage of 30,000 square feet indoors and can benefit adjacent Sprint customers inside the building. The signal can also extend coverage 100 meters outside a building, benefitting Sprint customers in nearby buildings and improving street–level network performance.
Ultimately, coverage range is dependent upon many factors, including building construction type, terrain, distance to a cell tower and topography.
Any Sprint customer with a capable device and within range can connect to Sprint Magic Box.
No. The Sprint Magic Box will benefit all Sprint customers that are within range of the device. There is not a way to restrict the device to certain users.
Use the Quick Start Guide and available video to follow step-by-step instructions to find the best window for installation. Sprint Magic Box will indicate which window gives you the best possible results. Some windows will be better than others based on structures outside and inside the building.
Do not install Sprint Magic Box in a basement. Sprint Magic Box must be installed in a fixed location, and does not work within a vehicle or mobile situation.
Smartphones: iPhone 6 and newer
Galaxy S4 and newer
HTC One A9 and newer
LG G2 and newer
Tablets: Galaxy Tab S2 and newer
iPad Air 2
Mobile Broadband Devices: Mobile Hotspots
LTE Enabled Routers
Any units that support 2.5 GHz frequency (Band 41)
Please carefully review materials that come with your Sprint Magic Box, including the Quick Start Guide and Terms and Conditions for important safety considerations.
WARNING: For radiofrequency exposure compliance, this device must be installed and operated to provide a separation distance of at least 20 cm (8 in) from all persons and must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
1. Term. These Sprint Magic Box Terms and Conditions (this “Agreement”) is effective as soon as you (i) use the Sprint Magic Box (“Equipment”), or (ii) consent to its terms, and continues until you return the Equipment to Sprint in undamaged condition or you pay the Equipment Fee as provided below. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, do not use the Equipment. If you use the Equipment, or keep the Equipment for at least 10 days after receiving it, you will be deemed to have agreed to the terms of this Agreement.
2. Basic Definitions. In this Agreement: (1) “we,” “us,” “our,” and “Sprint” mean Sprint Solutions, Inc. and its affiliates doing business as Sprint; (2) “you,” “your,” “customer,” and “user” means the recipient or user of the Equipment; and (3) “Equipment” means an indoor femtocell device and any ancillary equipment that Sprint provides to you, and which is generally used to enhance Sprint’s wireless service signal.
3. Ownership of Equipment. You agree that Sprint owns Equipment, regardless of your possession of the Equipment. Sprint will retain ownership of the Equipment at all times. Title to the Equipment will not transfer to you at any time during or after the term of this Agreement. You must return the Equipment to Sprint as provided in this Agreement. You may not sell or distribute the Equipment.
4. Use of Equipment. Use of the Equipment is subject to Sprint’s Terms and Conditions which can be found at sprint.com/terms and conditions. This Agreement controls if there is a conflict with Sprint’s Terms and Conditions. In addition to the Sprint’s Terms and Conditions you agree not to perform or allow others to perform de-compilation, disassembly, or reverse engineering of the Equipment or otherwise access, translate or decode any element of the Equipment (other than as expressly provided in any Sprint written instructions). Other than as expressly provided in any Sprint written instructions, You agree not to nor allow others to make modifications to or copies of any element or part of the Device interfere with the Equipment operations, or take any action that damages or disrupts the operation of or service on, or any device directly or remotely connect to, the Equipment. The design, manufacture, assembly, know-how, trade secrets or any other intellectual property associated with the Equipment, hardware or software, shall remain the sole property of Sprint or its licensors.
5. FCC Compliance. For radiofrequency exposure compliance, the Equipment must be installed and operated to provide a separation distance of at least 20 cm (8 in) from all persons and must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
6. Replacement of Equipment. Sprint will repair and/or replace Equipment that is not operating properly under normal use at no charge unless we determine that the reason the Equipment is not operating properly is due to damage (for example, water damage, fire damage, or damage due to being dropped, tampering, neglect, or abuse, etc.). If the Equipment is tampered with, or otherwise misused, you will be responsible for an Equipment Fee before Sprint will repair or replace damaged Equipment. Sprint is not responsible for any other devices or other products used in connection with the Equipment (for example, wireless phone or handset, data card, etc.).
7. Return of Equipment. The Equipment remains the property of Sprint at all times. , and you must return the Equipment to Sprint if your Sprint wireless service is discontinued or terminated for any reason, if the Sprint service in connection with the Equipment is never used, discontinued or terminated for any reason, or if Sprint wishes to exchange the Equipment. Failure to return the Equipment in undamaged condition within 30 days to Sprint will result in you being charged an Equipment Fee.
8. Penalty for Misuse of Equipment. Any tampering with or breakage of the Equipment may result in a charge of up to $140, and cancelation of your wireless account. You may not sell the Equipment to a third party, and doing so can result in a charge of up to $140, and cancelation of your wireless account.
9. Stolen Equipment. If the Equipment is stolen, you must immediately call us to report the theft. Sprint will determine on a case by case basis whether it will replace the Equipment without payment of the Equipment Fee.
10. Equipment Fee. The Equipment Fee is an amount up to $140 for each individual piece of Equipment (not including ancillary equipment). You will only be responsible for an Equipment Fee as specifically described in this Agreement. If you are responsible for an Equipment Fee, Sprint reserves the right to charge such Equipment Fee to your Sprint service account used in connection with the Equipment.
Download the Sprint Network Tool App to assist with setting up your Magic Box.