Sprint Magic Box
The world’s first all–wireless small cell that improves data coverage and increases download and upload speeds!
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Set Up Your Magic Box
- Troubleshooting and Returns
- Terms and Conditions
Frequently Asked Questions
No, Magic Box only improves data network speeds. It will not improve Sprint voice coverage. If you have issues with your voice coverage, please call Sprint Customer Care at 1-888-211-4727 to see what options might be available to you.
There are very few differences between the Magic Box you currently have and the newest model. The functionality is the same and there no major drivers to upgrade. For these reasons, and the fact that supply is limited, Magic Boxes cannot be upgraded at any time. Sprint hopes that you are enjoying the improved data speeds that your current functioning Magic Box is providing free of charge.
This is most commonly because the Sprint Magic Box is not pointed in the most optimal direction or was moved without re-running the setup wizard. The device uses directional antennas to connect to the nearest tower and will perform best when pointed at the nearest tower. Follow these instructions to return to factory default and try different locations in your home for the box. If that doesn’t fix the issue, please call Sprint Magic Box Technical Support at 844-463-3194 for assistance.
Please note: Switching the network connection on Sprint Magic Box to Wi-Fi backhaul may provide a better data experience if you have a high speed internet connection. To make this change, view the Wi-Fi Backhaul Quick Start Guide.
Click to access Magic Box "User Guides” or "Tutorials”. If you need further assistance call Sprint Magic Box Technical Support at 1-844-463-3194.
Yes, once you move within range of the Sprint Magic Box, your Sprint phone will detect it and use it to support LTE data.
The Magic Box produces a specific LTE data signal used by newer devices. If you’re using an older device, it may not attach to the signal produced by the Magic Box.
Also, some customers may have very strong LTE signal from the Sprint network at their location and the LTE device won’t move to the Magic Box in this scenario.
Try leaving the phone idle for a few minutes and then check again. This fixes the issue most of the time. Also, you can try putting your phone in Airplane mode and then taking it back off Airplane mode. If this doesn’t work, please call Sprint Magic Box Support at 1-844-463-3194 for assistance.
Based on optimal conditions, Sprint Magic Box can provide average coverage of 30,000 square feet indoors and can benefit adjacent Sprint customers inside the building. The signal can also extend coverage 100 meters outside a building, benefitting Sprint customers in nearby buildings and improving street–level network performance.
Ultimately, coverage range is dependent upon many factors, including building construction type, terrain, distance to a cell tower and topography.
Any Sprint customer with a capable device and within range can connect to Sprint Magic Box.
No. The Sprint Magic Box will benefit all Sprint customers that are within range of the device. There is not a way to restrict the device to certain users.
Best Option: For a Magic Box data experience, you can switch the network connection to Wi-Fi backhaul. To make this change, view the Wi-Fi Backhaul Quick Start Guide.
Sprint Magic Box devices should be located near a window. Some windows will be better than others based on structures outside and inside the building. Do not install Sprint Magic Box in a basement. Sprint Magic Box must be installed in a fixed location and does not work within a vehicle or mobile situation.
iPhone 6 and newer
Galaxy S4 and newer
HTC One A9 and newer
LG G2 and newer
Google Pixel 3 and newer
Motorola Moto E4 and newer
One Plus 7 Pro 5G
Galaxy Tab S2 and newer
iPad Air 2
Mobile Broadband Devices:
LTE Enabled Routers
Any units that support 2.5 GHz frequency (Band 41)
Please carefully review materials that come with your Sprint Magic Box, including the Quick Start Guide and Terms and Conditions for important safety considerations.
WARNING: For radiofrequency exposure compliance, this device must be installed and operated to provide a separation distance of at least 20 cm (8 in) from all persons and must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
Magic Box is designed to support Wireless Emergency Alerts. However, you may not receive Wireless Emergency Alerts through a Magic Box if there is a power outage or the Magic Box is relocated, power cycled, or is being updated.
Wi-Fi Backhaul is another connection option that may provide a more stable network experience.
No, the Sprint Magic Box doesn’t boost your Wi-Fi speeds. It uses your high-speed broadband connection to enhance your Sprint LTE service. Speeds will vary depending on the speed and type of your internet connection (DSL, cable, fiber, etc.).
1. Position Unit: Place the unit within reach of an electrical outlet and near a window with a clear view of the sky.
2. Install: Connect the power supply to the Sprint Magic Box and plug in. Screen will illuminate.
3. Set Up Network Connection: The unit will automatically install the LTE network connection. After a series of steps, you will see a clock appear with the correct time. You must then set up the Wi-Fi backhaul.
- Choose the Menu icon in the top-right corner
- Press “Network Settings” on menu screen
- Select “Manage Wi-Fi Backhaul”
- Select your home internet network
- Enter internet password and press “Continue”
- Screen will briefly display “Limited” next to selected Wi-Fi backhaul
- The Magic Box will then connect to the Wi-Fi network
4. Successful Setup: When the clock screen illuminates with the correct time, the Magic Box has been successfully connected.
Please note: Switching the network connection on Sprint Magic Box to Wi-Fi backhaul may improve network data speeds if you have a high-speed internet connection. To make this change, view the Wi-Fi Backhaul Quick Start Guide.
If the above recommendations have not worked, please call Sprint Magic Box Technical Support 844-463-3194.
Chat or Call Sprint Care or press *2 from your mobile phone to request to return your Sprint Magic Box.
- If you no longer have the original shipping box, ask that a return box also be sent.
- A prepaid shipping label will be sent to you in a padded envelope via USPS.
- (The return box will be sent separately, if you requested one.)
- Pack the Magic Box into original or replacement shipping box and place the return label on it.
Terms and Conditions
1. Term. These Sprint Magic Box Terms and Conditions (this “Agreement”) is effective as soon as you (i) use the Sprint Magic Box (“Equipment”), or (ii) consent to its terms, and continues until you return the Equipment to Sprint in undamaged condition or you pay the Equipment Fee as provided below. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, do not use the Equipment. If you use the Equipment, or keep the Equipment for at least 5 days after receiving it, you will be deemed to have agreed to the terms of this Agreement.
2. Basic Definitions. In this Agreement: (1) “we,” “us,” “our,” and “Sprint” mean Sprint Solutions, Inc. and its affiliates doing business as Sprint; (2) “you,” “your,” “customer,” and “user” means the recipient or user of the Equipment; and (3) “Equipment” means an indoor femtocell device and any ancillary equipment that Sprint provides to you, and which is generally used to enhance Sprint’s wireless service signal.
3. Ownership of Equipment. You agree that Sprint owns Equipment, regardless of your possession of the Equipment. Sprint will retain ownership of the Equipment at all times. Title to the Equipment will not transfer to you at any time during or after the term of this Agreement. You must return the Equipment to Sprint as provided in this Agreement. You may not sell or distribute the Equipment.
4. Use of Equipment. Use of the Equipment is subject to Sprint’s Terms and Conditions which can be found at sprint.com/terms and conditions. This Agreement controls if there is a conflict with Sprint’s Terms and Conditions. In addition to the Sprint’s Terms and Conditions you agree not to perform or allow others to perform de-compilation, disassembly, or reverse engineering of the Equipment or otherwise access, translate or decode any element of the Equipment (other than as expressly provided in any Sprint written instructions). Other than as expressly provided in any Sprint written instructions, You agree not to nor allow others to make modifications to or copies of any element or part of the Device interfere with the Equipment operations, or take any action that damages or disrupts the operation of or service on, or any device directly or remotely connect to, the Equipment. The design, manufacture, assembly, know-how, trade secrets or any other intellectual property associated with the Equipment, hardware or software, shall remain the sole property of Sprint or its licensors. You should install your Equipment within seven days of receiving it; if you do not, we may ask you to return it. You must continue to use your service. If you have stopped using service for 45 days or more, we will ask you to return the equipment.
5. Internet Connection. Use of the Equipment requires a separate internet connection for backhaul. Internet bandwidth usage may vary. Please see your internet service provider to determine if additional fees will apply.
6. FCC Compliance. For radiofrequency exposure compliance, the Equipment must be installed and operated to provide a separation distance of at least 20 cm (8 in) from all persons and must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
7. Replacement of Equipment. Sprint will repair and/or replace Equipment that is not operating properly under normal use at no charge unless we determine that the reason the Equipment is not operating properly is due to damage (for example, water damage, fire damage, or damage due to being dropped, tampering, neglect, or abuse, etc.). If the Equipment is tampered with, or otherwise misused, you will be responsible for an Equipment Fee before Sprint will repair or replace damaged Equipment. Sprint is not responsible for any other devices or other products used in connection with the Equipment (for example, wireless phone or handset, data card, etc.).
8. Return of Equipment and Equipment Fee. The Equipment remains the property of Sprint at all times. You must return the Equipment to Sprint if your Sprint wireless service is discontinued or terminated for any reason, if the Sprint service in connection with the Equipment is never used, discontinued or terminated for any reason, or if Sprint wishes to exchange the Equipment. Failure to return the Equipment in undamaged condition within 30 days to Sprint will result in you being charged an Equipment Fee. Detailed information on this fee will be provided separately but its requirements are incorporated here.
9. Penalty for Misuse of Equipment. You may not sell the Equipment to a third party, tamper with, or break the Equipment. Such actions may result in fees and cancellation of your wireless account. Sprint reserves the right to take action to protect its interest in the Equipment.
10. Stolen Equipment. If the Equipment is stolen, you must immediately call us to report the theft. Sprint will determine on a case by case basis whether it will replace the Equipment without payment of the Equipment Fee.