Sprint Magic Box Silver
Simple and easy to install, Magic Box Silver provides your home or office with faster, more reliable Sprint network coverage and data speeds!
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Set Up Your Magic Box Silver
- Troubleshooting and Returns
- Terms and Conditions
Frequently Asked Questions
The Sprint Set Up Assistant app works with the Magic Box Silver. Earlier versions of the Magic Box use the Sprint Network Tool App to help with installation.
Currently, Magic Box Silver only improves LTE data network speeds. It will not improve Sprint voice coverage. If you have issues with your voice coverage, please call Sprint Customer Care at 1-888-211-4727 to see what options might be available to you.
This is most commonly because the Magic Box Silver is not pointed in the most optimal direction. The device will perform best when pointed towards the nearest tower. If moving the Magic Box Silver to a better location does not help, you can reset the device. To reset, press the info button for 10 seconds. If that doesn’t fix the issue, please call Magic Box Technical Support at 1-844-463-3194 for assistance.
Please note: The LTE data speeds achieved while using Magic Box Silver depend on the Sprint network in your area. If the network signal is strong, you’ll achieve faster speeds with the device than if the signal is not as strong. This is why Magic Box experiences for customers may vary.
Yes, once you move within range of the Magic Box Silver, your Sprint phone will detect it and use it to support LTE data.
The Magic Box Silver produces a specific LTE data signal used by newer devices. If you’re using an older device, it may not attach to the signal produced by the Magic Box Silver.
Also, some customers may have a very strong LTE signal from the Sprint network at their location. In this scenario, the LTE device won’t move to the Magic Box Silver.
Try leaving the phone idle for a few minutes and then check again. This fixes the issue most of the time. Also, you can try putting your phone in Airplane mode and then taking it back off Airplane mode. If this doesn’t work, please call Sprint Magic Box Support at 1-844-463-3194 for assistance.
Based on optimal conditions, Magic Box Silver can provide indoor LTE data coverage for about 20,000 square feet. Ultimately, coverage range is dependent upon many factors, including building construction type, terrain, distance to a cell tower and topography.
Any Sprint customer with an LTE data capable device and within range can connect to Magic Box Silver.
There is not a way to restrict the device to certain users. The Magic Box Silver will benefit all Sprint customers that are within range of the device.
Use the Quick Start Guide to follow step-by-step instructions for installation. Do not install Magic Box Silver in a basement. It must be installed in a fixed location, and does not work within a vehicle or mobile situation.
Any Sprint devices that support LTE data 2.5 GHz frequency (Band 41) should be compatible with Magic Box Silver. See below for examples:
iPhone 6 and newer
Galaxy S4 and newer
HTC One A9 and newer
LG G2 and newer
Google Pixel 3 and newer
Motorola Moto E4 and newer
One Plus 7 Pro 5G
Galaxy Tab S2 and newer
iPad Air 2
Mobile Broadband Devices:
LTE Enabled Routers
WARNING: For radiofrequency exposure compliance, this device must be installed and operated to provide a separation distance of at least 20 cm (8 in) from all persons and must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
- Review the Quick Start Guide or Tutorial to ensure that Sprint Magic Box Silver is properly installed.
- Verify that the Magic Box Silver is plugged in and receiving power.
- Place the Magic Box Silver near a window in order to receive the strongest signal.
- Leave the Magic Box Silver plugged in for at least 24 hours before calling tech support.
- If the red LED lights are illuminated, please refer to the Sprint Set Up Assistant App for assistance.
- If the above recommendations have not worked, please call Sprint Magic Box Technical Support at 1-844-463-3194
Chat, call Sprint Care or press *2 from your mobile phone to request to return your Sprint Magic Box Silver.
- If you no longer have the original shipping box, ask that a return box be sent.
- A prepaid shipping label will be included in return shipping box.
- Pack the Magic Box Silver, power cords and packing materials in the box and place return label on it.
Download the Sprint Set Up Assistant App to assist with setting up your Magic Box.
Terms and Conditions
1. Term. These Sprint Magic Box Terms and Conditions (this “Agreement”) is effective as soon as you (i) use the Sprint Magic Box (“Equipment”), or (ii) consent to its terms, and continues until you return the Equipment to Sprint in undamaged condition or you pay the Equipment Fee as provided below. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, do not use the Equipment. If you use the Equipment, or keep the Equipment for at least 10 days after receiving it, you will be deemed to have agreed to the terms of this Agreement.
2. Basic Definitions. In this Agreement: (1) “we,” “us,” “our,” and “Sprint” mean Sprint Solutions, Inc. and its affiliates doing business as Sprint; (2) “you,” “your,” “customer,” and “user” means the recipient or user of the Equipment; and (3) “Equipment” means an indoor femtocell device and any ancillary equipment that Sprint provides to you, and which is generally used to enhance Sprint’s wireless service signal.
3. Ownership of Equipment. You agree that Sprint owns Equipment, regardless of your possession of the Equipment. Sprint will retain ownership of the Equipment at all times. Title to the Equipment will not transfer to you at any time during or after the term of this Agreement. You must return the Equipment to Sprint as provided in this Agreement. You may not sell or distribute the Equipment.
4. Use of Equipment. Use of the Equipment is subject to Sprint’s Terms and Conditions which can be found at sprint.com/terms and conditions. This Agreement controls if there is a conflict with Sprint’s Terms and Conditions. In addition to the Sprint’s Terms and Conditions you agree not to perform or allow others to perform de-compilation, disassembly, or reverse engineering of the Equipment or otherwise access, translate or decode any element of the Equipment (other than as expressly provided in any Sprint written instructions). Other than as expressly provided in any Sprint written instructions, You agree not to nor allow others to make modifications to or copies of any element or part of the Device interfere with the Equipment operations, or take any action that damages or disrupts the operation of or service on, or any device directly or remotely connect to, the Equipment. The design, manufacture, assembly, know-how, trade secrets or any other intellectual property associated with the Equipment, hardware or software, shall remain the sole property of Sprint or its licensors.
5. FCC Compliance. For radiofrequency exposure compliance, the Equipment must be installed and operated to provide a separation distance of at least 20 cm (8 in) from all persons and must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
6. Replacement of Equipment. Sprint will repair and/or replace Equipment that is not operating properly under normal use at no charge unless we determine that the reason the Equipment is not operating properly is due to damage (for example, water damage, fire damage, or damage due to being dropped, tampering, neglect, or abuse, etc.). If the Equipment is tampered with, or otherwise misused, you will be responsible for an Equipment Fee before Sprint will repair or replace damaged Equipment. Sprint is not responsible for any other devices or other products used in connection with the Equipment (for example, wireless phone or handset, data card, etc.).
7. Return of Equipment. The Equipment remains the property of Sprint at all times. , and you must return the Equipment to Sprint if your Sprint wireless service is discontinued or terminated for any reason, if the Sprint service in connection with the Equipment is never used, discontinued or terminated for any reason, or if Sprint wishes to exchange the Equipment. Failure to return the Equipment in undamaged condition within 30 days to Sprint will result in you being charged an Equipment Fee.
8. Penalty for Misuse of Equipment. Any tampering with or breakage of the Equipment may result in a charge of up to $140, and cancelation of your wireless account. You may not sell the Equipment to a third party, and doing so can result in a charge of up to $140, and cancelation of your wireless account.
9. Stolen Equipment. If the Equipment is stolen, you must immediately call us to report the theft. Sprint will determine on a case by case basis whether it will replace the Equipment without payment of the Equipment Fee.
10. Equipment Fee. The Equipment Fee is an amount up to $140 for each individual piece of Equipment (not including ancillary equipment). You will only be responsible for an Equipment Fee as specifically described in this Agreement. If you are responsible for an Equipment Fee, Sprint reserves the right to charge such Equipment Fee to your Sprint service account used in connection with the Equipment.