Improve my smartphone security IQ
By being aware of your surroundings while using a smartphone in public, you can significantly reduce your chances of becoming a victim of theft.
If your device is lost or stolen, please report it immediately to suspend your service:
- Visit sprint.com/mysprint.
- Enter your username and password to sign in.
- Scroll to the device that has been lost or stolen.
- Use the Manage this device dropdown next to your device and select Report lost or stolen device.
- Follow the instructions on screen.
When you suspend your service, you won't be able to make or receive calls, send or receive messages or use domestic data. You will keep your phone number while your service is suspended. You will still be responsible for any monthly rate charges associated with the service on your device.
If you have Protection<360>® or if you are part of the Equipment Replacement Program, visit www.sprint.com/protection to file a claim, or locate your device if you have the protection application.
How else can I protect my information?
Passcodes: Sprint customers should always use passcodes to lock their phones and make it harder for the phone to be accessible if lost or stolen. To find out how to set a passcode on your device, find your device User Guide at www.sprint.com/support. This will give you instructions if your device is capable of setting a passcode.
- Protection<360>® allows customers to download a protection application to locate a lost/stolen device as well as remotely lock the device, erase contacts, etc. Additional monthly charges apply for Protection<360>®.
- Lookout Mobile Security allows users to safely surf the web, protecting against dangerous websites and mobile viruses and malware. Additional monthly charges apply for Lookout Mobile Security.
- Lookout Missing Device enables users to locate their phone after it's been lost or stolen. Lookout Missing Device is free and available to use on a select number of Android phones.
- Additional products are available in the Android, Blackberry and Apple marketplace.
Protect voice mail: Use a passcode to retrieve voicemails rather than opting to skip it in order to maintain the highest level of security. Without it, anyone with access to the device can connect to voicemail.
Frequently asked Questions
Can I locate my device with Family Locator? Yes, if you have Sprint Family Locator activated on your account. To find a lost or stolen phone, the phone must be turned on and in Sprint network coverage. The location will be approximate and will not be accurate enough to find a lost phone in a specific room in a house.
Can I buy a phone off ebay or craigslist and activate it on my account? You should get the serial number of the device and then check with Sprint to make sure no bill is owed on that device and it hasn't been reported as lost/stolen. Devices that have been reported lost/stolen to Sprint cannot be re-activated on our network.