FAQs about Sprint voicemail
To reset your voicemail passcode:
1. Go to Sprint.com and log in to your account.
2. Click the My Sprint tab and select Profile and security (the customer may be asked to be sent a text message with a code to use to change their password).
3. A Manage my account screen will be presented.
4. On the left side of the screen, click on Voicemail passcode(s).
5. A Reset voicemail passcode screen will pop up.
6. Enter a new passcode, or click on Reset (the passcode will be the last 7 digits of their phone number).
7. Click on Save.
- Dial your Sprint phone number and wait for the call to roll to voicemail
- Once your voicemail greeting begins, press the *key
- Enter your passcode
- Listen to your messages; then save or erase them
- Access visual voicemail on the device
- Tap to open a voicemail
- Access the menu (three dots in upper right)
- Click on Share
- Choose the option you want to use to share
No, removing the voicemail feature can cause problems with voice service. If you would like to turn off receiving voicemail notifications, on your device go to: Apps > Settings > Applications > Voicemail > Notifications > turn off Allow notifications.
The best way to protect your voicemail from unauthorized access is to use a passcode. Sprint Voicemail has always offered a Skip Passcode feature, which allows you to access your voicemail account from your Sprint phone without entering a passcode.
Without a passcode, anyone who has your handset can access your messages. If someone gains access to your voicemail account without your permission, they could:
- Listen to your new and saved voicemails
- Place outbound calls through your wireless account
If you are concerned about unauthorized access to your voicemail account or you don't currently use a passcode, we strongly recommend you enable the passcode you established during set up. To enable the passcode feature on your account:
- Access your voicemail account from your Sprint phone
- Once in the main menu, choose Change Personal Options
- Next, choose Administrative Options
- You will hear Skip Passcode is currently turned on. To turn it off, follow the prompts.
- The passcode you originally created will be played to you. Be sure to remember it as you will need to enter it to gain access to your voicemail in the future.
Note: To keep your account secure, remember to change your passcode often
Secure your device with a PIN code, password, fingerprint or other method offered by your device manufacturer.
Visual Voicemail is available only on select Android BYOD devices. To enable Visual Voicemail on your phone you can either:
- Click on the link included in your first Visual Voicemail notification
- Search the Play Store for Sprint Visual Voicemail to download and install
On your device > click on the voicemail icon > click on the menu (the 3 dots in upper right corner) > click on Settings > click on Preferences > click on Manage subscription > click on the service you want to add