Top questions about activating a new device
Sign in to My Sprint and select the phone number you want to activate the device on. You can then select Manage this device, followed by More Options and then Activate a device.
Make sure the device shown in the New Device to Activate section is the device you want and tap Yes to continue.
If you’d like to select a different device, choose a different option and enter the requested information.
Hint: To find the device’s code, dial *#06# on the keypad. Or, check the branded box label that your new device was packaged in.
Certain service add-ons will be available. Choose the equipment protection option you want on the new device you’re activating.
You will also need your username and password to activate your new phone to turn off Find My iPhone on your Apple device and to complete the transfer process on your android device.
Confirm your selections and the new device you want to activate as well as the current device to deactivate.
No, you can’t switch devices with someone on another account while the lines are active. This is only available if you have two devices on the same account.
You can switch devices with someone on a different account if both of the devices are deactivated.
Typically, you'll be able to use the device within a few minutes. However, it may take up to 24 hours.
You can manually program your device or chat on sprint.com. Look for the yellow icon on the right side of the screen. We can help you 24/7.
Yes. In the rare instance that it should prevent you from activating, please visit sprint.com and chat for help.
An account owner can cancel a pending order online at anytime. Click Cancel your order sign in to continue. Once signed in, click the Cancel option, which is located next to the pending order you want to remove. Click Submit to finish.
You can always visit sprint.com/support fo account, billing, device and service help.
Download the Sprint Drive app from the App Store® or Google Play™.
- Supported devices: iPhone 6 or more recent device with iOS 7.0 or later; smartphones with Android version 5.0 or later
- Supported browsers: Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Internet Explorer/Edge
Launch the application then click “Create an Account.” When prompted, provide a valid email address, set and confirm the password, then agree to terms and conditions.
Using the Sprint Drive app, scan the QR code located on the back of the device, reference card, or gift box. Make sure you’ve allowed the Sprint Drive app to use your phone’s camera. If you have trouble scanning the code, enter the IMEI number manually.
Once the IMEI is verified, a PIN code will be sent to your provided email address or the phone number listed in the “Contact Information” of the Sprint billing account. Enter the code you received and click “Next.”
Make sure your car is safely parked in an area with Sprint network coverage. While the car is off, plug the Sprint Drive devices into your car’s OBD-II port. This is usually located under the dashboard of the driver’s seat.
Remain parked and start your car to activate the device. This can take up to five minutes to complete. If the device is inactive after 5 minutes, drive the vehicle for 15 minutes to complete the activation process.
When successfully activated, the 4G LTE LED light on the device turns solid green. You will also receive a notification on your app once the device is activated.
- Make sure the Apple Watch is turned on and open the Watch App on the primary iPhone. Click "Start Pairing."
- Hold the Apple Watch up to the iPhone’s camera and align it to the frame shown on the screen.
- Apple Watch is now paired. Click on "Set Up Apple Watch" on the app screen.
- Select the "Wrist Preference" and answer the question.
- Review and agree to the "Terms and Conditions."
- On the "Shared Settings" screen, tap "OK."
- On "Apple Watch Passcode" screen select "Create a Passcode" or "Don't Add Passcode."
- On the "Activity" screen, choose "Set up Activity" or "Skip This Step."
- On the "Emergency SOS Screen," tap "Continue."
- In "Cellular Setup" on the app, tap "Set Up Cellular" to activate cellular service.
- Next you'll see "Choose Plan." Select the "$15 Unlimited Apple Watch Plan" and tap "Next."
- Review and verify a 911 Registered Location and tap "Next."
- Review and agree to the "Terms of Service."
- Tap "Submit" to send the activation request.
- Tap "OK" on the "Congratulations" screen.
- When screen displays a message of "Cellular is Ready," tap "Continue."
- Tap "Install All" or "Choose Later" for installing available apps.
- After the sync is done, you will receive a "Welcome to Apple Watch App" screen. Tap "OK."