Change your phone number
There may be occasions where you need to change your phone number. Your number can be changed anywhere Sprint provides service.
IMPORTANT: There is no fee for changing your number on sprint.com.
- You can't choose a specific number.
- A new number will be randomly assigned.
- You can't change your phone number more than 3 times in 30 days.
- Once your phone number is changed, you can't switch back to your current number.
- You will need to set up a new voicemail account, and all your saved voicemail messages will be lost.
- Changing your phone number will remove block or allow lists associated with that number.
- You will need to manually set up these lists for your new number.
- You can't transfer a number from another service provider through this self-service process.
- Sign in to sprint.com.
- Select Manage devices from My Sprint dashboard.
- Click on the blue question mark by the phone number you want to change.
- Select Change your phone number.
- Select the phone number you wish to change.
- Select one of the following options:
- I need a new phone number in the same area.
- I need a different area code for this phone.
- I am moving and need to change my phone number and billing address.
- Select Next.
To keep your current area code and change your phone number:
- Select I need a new phone number in the same area.
- Google Voice users: Before proceeding with step 2, disable your Sprint number in Google Voice™
- Sign in to www.google.com/voice, disable your number and return to this page to continue
- Agree to the Terms on the following page and select Continue to change your phone number.
- Your new phone number will display.
Program your new number
Your phone will need to be programmed with your new phone number. Many of our phones program automatically over the air on our network.
- Turn on your phone.
- Wait a minute and then try to make a phone call. If you succeed, you are done.
If you cannot make a phone call, you will need to manually enter the information below to complete programming:
- Master lock code
- New phone number
It may take up to 72 hours for the new phone number to display for Caller ID. Please wait 15 minutes for your new number to appear on sprint.com.
If you still cannot make calls after manual programming your phone, please chat with an agent at www.sprint.com/chat or visit a local retail store for programming assistance.