Change your phone number and/or address on Sprint.com
There may be occasions where you need to change your phone number. You can change your phone number to a different number anywhere Sprint provides service. There is no fee for changing your number when using My Sprint.
Review the restrictions below.
- You cannot choose a specific number. A new number will be randomly assigned.
- You cannot change your phone number more than 3 times in 30 days.
- Once your phone number is changed, you can't switch back to your current number.
- You will need to set up a new voicemail account and all your saved voicemail messages will be lost.
- Changing your phone number will remove block or allow lists associated with that number. You will need to manually set up these lists for your new number.
- You cannot port over a number from another carrier through this self-service process.
Your phone will need to be programmed with your new phone number. Many of our phones program automatically over the air on our network.
- Turn on your phone.
- Wait a minute and then try to make a phone call. If you succeed, you are done.
If you cannot make a phone call, you will need to manually enter the information below to complete programming:
- Master lock code
- New phone number
It may take up to 72 hours for the new phone number to display for Caller ID. Please wait 15 minutes for your new number to appear on sprint.com.
If you still cannot make calls after manual programming your phone, please chat with an agent at www.sprint.com/chat or visit a local retail store for programming assistance.
Last updated Tue Jul 28 2020