The Airave 3 LTE is white plastic and displays the Sprint logo on the front. The Airave 4 LTE unit is black plastic and displays a circular Sprint logo in the center.
The Airave and Magic Box should not be deployed in the same general physical location. In this scenario, the AIRAVE and the Magic Box will interfere with one another.
All customers must first qualify for Sprint Airave. Qualification is based on a number of network and account criteria to ensure that Airave will work for the customer and the Sprint Network. Call Customer Care at 1-866-556-7310 to see if Airave functions in your area.
Qualification is based on a number of network and account criteria to ensure that Airave will work for the customer and the Sprint Network. Not all locations are in Sprint Airave coverage areas. Many other factors are considered during the qualification process.
Airave is free to use and there are no upfront costs. However, if you do not plug in and use your Airave or return it, you can be charged a non-return fee. Refer to next question if you wish to initiate a return or call Sprint Customer Care at 1-866-556-7310.
To return your Airave, please call Sprint Customer Care at 1-866-556-7310 to get a pre-paid Return Kit sent from Sprint free of charge. There is no cost to the customer for return shipping.
Click to access Airave 3.0 or Airave 4.0 User Guides. If you need further assistance call Sprint Technical Support at 1-866-556-7310.
Yes. The AIRAVE 3 & 4 provides enhanced LTE coverage as well as voice coverage.
The Sprint AIRAVE 3 supports up to 6 simultaneous active wireless voice calls while the Airave 4 supports 8 wireless voice calls. Airave 3 also supports up to 14 LTE simultaneous sessions while the Airave 4 supports 16 simultaneous sessions.
The AIRAVE covers up to 5,000 square feet. Actual coverage range is dependent upon many factors, including building construction type.
High‐Speed Internet access – Cable/DSL/FT1/T1. Satellite is not an acceptable option.
Available power outlet (110 VAC)
Within close proximity of a window for GPS signal acquisition.
Within AIRAVE coverage areas.
Calls that originate on the AIRAVE will automatically try to transfer, hand-off, to the Nationwide Sprint Network if a strong network signal is available to transfer to. Hand-off is not guaranteed due to Network availability, signal strength, and interference.
No. Calls that are initiated on the Nationwide Sprint Network will continue on the Nationwide Sprint Network, even though you may be within the AIRAVE coverage area.
AIRAVE will not work during a power outage or ISP outage. In the event of an outage, your wireless phone will automatically try to obtain service directly from the Nationwide Sprint network if coverage is available.
The AIRAVE will operate anywhere within your location, provided that broadband internet access is available and the unit is located within close proximity of a window for GPS signal acquisition. If a GPS signal cannot be obtained, an external 30 foot GPS antenna is included that can be placed in a window.
Yes. 911 service works with AIRAVE. However, 911 service will not be available during a power outage, ISP failure, software device updates, and may be limited, due to some public safety answering points not supporting location-based E911 technology. Always be prepared to report your location to the 911 operator when placing an emergency call.
No. The AIRAVE is only supported in the continental U.S., Hawaii, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands. Alaska is not supported.
Multiple AIRAVEs can be deployed in the same general area without issue. In this scenario, the AIRAVEs will not interfere with one another, but they will not work together. For example, an active call will not handoff from one AIRAVE to the other AIRAVE. Therefore, multiple AIRAVEs should not be in close proximity or used as a single solutionto address large buildings.
All Sprint customers with a Sprint mobile device can use the AIRAVE and benefit from the enhanced coverage.
Review the Setup Guide or Tutorial to ensure that Sprint Airave is properly installed.
Verify that the Airave is plugged in and receiving power.
Verify that the GPS antenna base is located on a flat surface near a closed window.
Make sure the Ethernet cord is plugged into the Airave and your internet modem/router.
The reset button is located on the back, to the left side of the Ethernet port.
Leave the Airave plugged in for at least 24 hours before calling tech support.
If the above recommendations have not worked, please call Sprint Airave Technical Support 866-556-7310.
Chat online, call Sprint Care or press *2 from your mobile phone to request to return your Sprint Airave.
A prepaid shipping label will be sent to you in a padded envelope or box via USPS.
Pack the Airave into shipping box/envelope and place the return label on it.
Terms and Conditions
These T&C’s apply to AIRAVE devices that customers receive through one of Sprint’s various retention and coverage focused programs. Under these programs, the AIRAVE remains the property of Sprint. If customers purchased an AIRAVE through normal channels, the AIRAVE is the property of the customer and these T&C’s do not apply.
AIRAVE Terms and Conditions
1. Term. This Equipment Agreement (this “Agreement”) is effective on the earlier to occur of (i) your use of the Equipment, or (ii) your consent to the terms of this Equipment Agreement and will continue in effect until you return the Equipment to Sprint in undamaged condition and/or you pay the Equipment Fee as provided below. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, do not use the Equipment. If you use the Equipment or fail to return the Equipment to Sprint within 10 days of your receipt of the Equipment, you will be deemed to have agreed to the terms of this Agreement.
2. Basic Definitions. In this Agreement: (1) “we,” “us,” “our,” and “Sprint” mean Sprint Solutions, Inc. and its affiliates doing business as Sprint, Sprint PCS or Nextel; (2) “you,” “your,” “customer,” and “user” mean an account holder or user with us; and (3) “Equipment” means a femtocell device (marketed as Sprint AIRAVE™) provided by Sprint to you, which device is generally used to enhance Sprint’s wireless service signal, and any ancillary equipment provided.
3. Ownership of Equipment. You agree that the Equipment is owned by Sprint. Sprint will retain ownership of the Equipment at all time during the term of this Agreement. No title to the Equipment will transfer to you at any time during or after the term of this Agreement. You must return the Equipment to Sprint as provided in this Agreement.
4. Use of Equipment. You agree to use the Equipment solely in connection with Sprint’s wireless services. Use of the Equipment and Sprint’s wireless services are subject to Sprint’s Terms and Conditions which can be found at sprint.com/terms and conditions. This Agreement controls if there is a conflict with Sprint’s Terms and Conditions. There may be a charge associated with using Sprint’s services in connection with the Equipment.
5. Replacement of Equipment. Sprint will repair and/or replace Equipment that is not operating properly under normal use at no charge unless we determine that the reason the Equipment is not operating properly is due to damage (for example, water damage, fire damage, or damage due to being dropped, tampering, neglect, or abuse, etc.). You may be responsible for an Equipment Fee before Sprint will repair or replace damaged Equipment. Sprint is not responsible for any other devices or other equipment used in connection with the Equipment (for example, wireless phone or handset, data card, etc.).
6. Return of Equipment. The Equipment will remain the property of Sprint, and you must return the Equipment to Sprint if your Sprint wireless service is discontinued or terminated for any reason, if the Sprint service in connection with the Equipment is never used, discontinued or terminated for any reason, or if Sprint wishes to exchange the Equipment. Failure to return the Equipment in undamaged condition within 30 days to Sprint may result in you being charged an Equipment Fee.
7. Equipment Fee. The Equipment Fee is an amount up to $70 for each individual piece of Equipment (not including ancillary equipment). You will only be responsible for an Equipment Fee as specifically described in this Agreement. If you are responsible for an Equipment Fee, Sprint reserves the right to charge such Equipment Fee to your Sprint service account used in connection with the Equipment.
Learn about your California consumer privacy rights. Submit a request for Sprint not to sell your personal information.