Activate your phone to an existing line on sprint.com
Swapping online is easy and our new and improved tool even tells you how to transfer contacts and content from one phone to another.
What you'll need:
- A valid My Sprint account with an account owner or account authorized profile. Not registered for My Sprint? Sign up here.
- If you are not an account owner and do not have permission to change settings on your account, the person who set up your account will need to make the phone swap for you. Read more about the different levels of profile access on sprint.com
- A fully-charged device DO NOT turn on your new phone. This could cause problems with programming later
- The box your device came in (optional)
To activate your phone online:
- Sign in to My Sprint with a valid username and password
- In the My Account area, scroll down to the About my devices section and find the phone you would like to swap out
- Select Activate a new phone from the drop down menu located to the right of the phone (shows Manage this device)
- Confirm your email address (or provide one if the field is empty) and confirm your devices. In some cases, you may want to pick another inactive device on your account or enter a new device serial number.
- Hint: Look for instructions on where to find your serial number on screen if you need help.
- Activating online doesn't mean you have to lose your contacts or information! At the bottom of the page, we'll give you personalized instructions on what content on the phone you'd like to deactivate you'll need to move before you make a switch.
- After you've read through these carefully, click Continue to proceed with activating your new device.
- If you are using a phone that's been previously activated on our network. You'll be prompted to perform a master reset on the device you'd like to activate. This clears any previous data that can interfer with your activation. Click master reset complete to continue to the next screen.
- Confirm your new phone and please review your current plan choices, click Activate.
- In some cases, you may need to change your plan or services. We'll prompt you do to so.
- Deactivation of your old phone and activation of your new phone will begin; once activation is complete, you'll see a success screen. (Please note this can take 1 to 2 minutes to complete.)
- Check your new device. Follow the instructions at the bottom of the screen to check to make sure your new device is working and transfer contacts and content from your old device to your new one.
Thanks for activitaing a new phone at sprint.com.
Last updated Mon Jun 26 2017