Learn more about data roaming
What is roaming service?
- Roaming service is offered as a convenience so you can gain access to data networks in situations when you are temporarily out of reach of the Sprint network.
- Please note that it is not Sprint's intention to have roaming be the primary source of your coverage.
How do I know when my device is roaming?
- Devices include a visual indicator of roaming status to let you know that you're roaming.
- For details, refer to the device's operating instructions or the user guide, available by selecting your device at sprint.com/support.
Are there data limits?
- There are limits to the amount of data you can use while roaming, depending on your plan allowance.
- Data usage is calculated by the size of the file sent or received. Use our data calculator to estimate your data usage.
- Use on the Sprint network, Extended Coverage and Extended LTE networks counts towards your plan allowance; roaming use is determined by use accessed on roaming networks. Not all services are available in all areas, so it's important to know the coverage and service available.
- You can view Sprint network, Extended Coverage, Extended LTE and off-network roaming coverage on sprint.com/coverage.
- You can monitor your roaming usage online in My Sprint. Sign in to My Sprint, go to the My Account tab, find the phone you'd like to see usage for and click the See all usage link. You'll see all of the usage for your current billing cycle.
Where can I find more information?
- Sprint provides terms and conditions in our Service Plans Guide which is a comprehensive brochure available in all Sprint Stores.
- Please note that there are specific terms and conditions for roaming and data use. Sprint reserves the right to limit throughput speeds or amount of data transferred and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if usage exceeds certain data amount limits each month while off-network roaming.
- For specific details regarding roaming, you can visit sprint.com/termsandconditions.
What if I have issues while roaming?
- If you are having a problem with calls or data while roaming, please contact us to report your roaming problem.
- For domestic roaming, chat with us by clicking on the chat icon at any time. When you are roaming, you will not be able to contact Sprint Customer Care by dialing *2 Talk.
- For international roaming, chat with Sprint Worldwide Care at www.sprint.com/international (click Chat with us) or call 1-817-698-4199 (option 3).
Will I get notified if I'm roaming?
- When you roam with your mobile device, we may notify you at certain intervals. Notifications are delivered to the account holder via the selected notification preference, either email or text.
- After exceeding limits, Sprint may suspend your access to data roaming until the next billing cycle. The data roaming suspension only limits access to data while roaming; there is no impact to voice or text while roaming and all service while on the Sprint network will remain available.
- For more information about mobile broadband data roaming usage notifications and controls, click either domestic or international.
- From time to time, we contact users who may be frequently roaming or using a lot of data to educate them on what roaming is, how to recognize when roaming is occurring and to help them understand their Sprint terms and conditions for roaming.
- If you have additional questions or need assistance, just contact us.
How can I report roaming incidents that ask for a credit card ?
- Sprint has roaming agreements, which cover virtually every area of the United States and Puerto Rico.
- Sprint customers should not be prompted for a credit card while roaming. However, if you are prompted for a credit card while roaming, please report the incident by chatting with us - click on the chat icon at any time to start a chat.
- Note: When you are roaming, you will not be able to contact us by dialing *2 Talk.
Last updated Mon Oct 21 2019