If either account is a business account, please visit Business account change of ownership.
Before request can be submitted:
- Current account holder (Releasor) and new account holder (Acceptor) must have active Sprint accounts.
- If the Acceptor does not have an active Sprint account, please call 855-808-4185 to establish an account and then register the Account.
- Both parties must register with their account number on sprint.com.
- If not registered, go to MySprint, click Create my profile and follow the steps.
- Acceptor must provide the Releasor with their account number in order to initiate the online process.
- Releasor must complete and submit the change of ownership online request form. Once completed, Acceptor must complete the form within 5 days.
- In order to process a change of ownership, the Releasor's account and Acceptor's account must be active and the bills cannot be past due.
- If you have an Installment Agreement or Lease contract, a credit check for the Acceptor must be completed before the change of ownership can occur. Based on the credit class, the Releasor may be required to pay the installment bill or lease in full on their next bill.
- The change of ownership form will only display the monthly installment or lease options for which the Acceptor qualifies.
- If the Releasor is receiving a promotional monthly service credit (loyalty service credit, BOGO, etc.), it will not transfer to the new account as part of the change of ownership.
- Allow 5 business days for processing, once both parties have submitted the online request forms.
- During this time, do not make ANY changes to the phone number being transferred until the request has been completed (i.e. plan changes, phone number changes, device changes and upgrades).
- Expect email confirmation once the change of ownership is complete.
- Both parties may be contacted by Sprint regarding the change of ownership request in order to ensure accurate and timely completion of the request.
Start the online change of ownership request: