Customer instructions for change of ownership
If either account is a business account, please visit Business account change of ownership.
Before a Change of Ownership request can be submitted you must complete the following steps below:
If you’re the Releasor:
- Register your Sprint account on Sprint.com by visiting www.Sprint.com/register
- Get the Acceptor’s active or new Sprint Account number
If you’re the Acceptor:
- Have an active Sprint account. Call 855-808-4185 to establish a new account if needed.
- Register your Sprint account on Sprint.com by visiting www.Sprint.com/register;
- Register using your Sprint Account number, not the phone number
- Provide the Releasor your Sprint account number
Good information to know:
Leased Devices: If the device was purchased with a Sprint Lease and end of lease options have not yet been completed, the Releasor may be responsible for ALL remaining Lease or IB charges remaining. The Acceptor will have a credit check completed and this will be based on the credit class.
Promotions: If the Releasor is receiving monthly promotional service credits (loyalty credits, LOGO/BOGO, etc), the credits will NOT transfer to the new account.
Past Due/Delinquent Accounts: both accounts must be in ood standing with no past due balance to process a Change of Ownership
Processing Time: It can take up to 5 days to process a Change of Ownership. It is important to not make any changes to the phone number being moved until the request has been completed.
Confirmation: Expect an email confirmation once the Change of Ownership request is complete.
Great news! Now you’re ready to get started.