How to Change or Cancel an Account When The Account Holder Passes Away
Please accept our sincerest condolences for the loss of your loved one. We understand that coping with the passing of a loved one can be one of the hardest experiences in life. We know you have many important matters to handle during this difficult time, so we want to make it as easy as possible to make any needed changes to your Sprint account.
Ways to Contact Us If the Account Holder has Passed Away
- The fastest way to start the process is by calling us at 1-866-412-8519.
- If a Non-Account Holder has passed away please call 1-888-211-4727.
You may also reach us via:
- Email at FamilyAssist@sprint.com
- Mailing information to:
Attn: Family Assistance Support Team
P.O. Box 7951
Shawnee Mission, KS 66207
- Fax Account Holder information to 1-866-766-2491.
For the quickest resolution, please have the following information ready before contacting us:
- Cell phone number.
- Last four digits of the Social Security number.
- The date of Account Holders passing.
- Documentation of business registration to confirm ownership, if a business account, if co-owner passed away.
This should be all the information we need. If not, we’ll contact you.
If there are text messages, voicemails or pictures on your loved one’s device you want to save be sure to back up the content before you cancel the line. As a reminder, if you have voicemails, pictures or other memories of your loved one on your device, it’s a good idea to also back up your content.
Last updated Tue Jun 01 2021