Activation instructions for Android Tablets
Before You Get Started:
- Be sure that Sprint Direct Connect Plus (SDC Plus) service has been added to your account.
- If SMS blocking is enabled, remove the SMS restriction until SDC Plus is provisioned on the device. Once active, SMS blocking can be re-enabled.
- Search for the Sprint Direct Connect Plus app in the Google Play Store.
- Tap to select the Sprint Direct Connect Plus app.
- Tap Install, the application will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Once the download is complete, select Open.
- If the App does not open, tap the SDC Plus icon under Apps to launch
- When prompted you must tap ALLOW the device permission to the following functions:
- Record audio
- Access the devices location
- Access contacts
- Make and Manage phone calls
- View SMS messages
- At the Ignore battery optimizations prompt, select Yes.
- The End User License Agreement (EULA) page is displayed. You must read and accept the EULA to activate SDC Plus on the phone.
- Scroll down while reading the EULA and tap the Check Mark to accept the EULA.
- The tablet will contact the server. The screen will display “Activation required to use Sprint Direct Connect Plus service. Activate now?”
- Tap Yes to activate.
- A message appears requesting an activation code provided by the customer corporate administrator. This code will be sent to the email associated with the account in the CAT tool
- For administrator directions on sending the code to the end user, see the next section.
- Enter the Activation Code.
- Congratulations! You are now ready to begin using SDC Plus service.
Generating a Tablet Activation Code in Corporate Administration Tool (CAT)
- Log into the Sprint Direct Connect Plus Corporate Administration Tool from Sprint.com
- From the PTT Users Work Area, click the Edit icon associated with the user.
- Click the Generate Activation Code icon.
- A pop-up message is displayed: Activation Code is successfully generated. Would you like to send an email?
- Click OK to send the new activation code to user's Email ID (which may need to be added).
- A Send Email with Activation Code to Handset Client pop-up window displays an email with Send Email button.
- Click the Send Email button to send the newly generated activation code.