Troubleshoot issues related to making and receiving calls on your device for the ZTE MAX XL
This article helps troubleshoot making or receiving calls on your ZTE Max XL
You may have issues with calls if you have:
- A low signal strength
- Trouble making or receiving calls
- Frequently dropped calls
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
1. Verify airplane mode is turned off.
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.
- Swipe down again to access the Quick Settings menu.
- If Airplane mode is enabled, tap to disable it.
Note: The icon is white when enabled.
2. Reset the network settings.
Resetting the network settings reconnects your phone to the Sprint network and does not erase any of your content or data.
- From the home screen, tap the Phone icon.
- Tap the Keypad button.
- Dial ##72786#.
- Tap OK. Your phone will power off and restart.
- After it restarts and reconnects to the network, your phone will automatically launch hands-free activation.
3. Verify if coverage is available at your current location.
If your ZTE Max XL has low signal strength, see if your location is within Sprint voice coverage on the Sprint coverage map.
4. Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your ZTE Max XL to the Sprint network.
- Press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds.
- The phone will power off and restart.
5. Do you know if other Sprint customers are experiencing the same issue in the same location?
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your ZTE Max XL is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, please contact Sprint Customer Care for more help.