Troubleshoot issues related to Bluetooth on your device for the ZTE MAX XL
This article helps you troubleshoot Bluetooth issues on your ZTE Max XL
You may have Bluetooth� issues if your ZTE Max XL is unable to:
- Pair with a Bluetooth device
- Connect to a Bluetooth device
- Recognize a Bluetooth device
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
1. Does your phone you're pairing with support the same Bluetooth protocols as your ZTE Max XL?
Refer to the Bluetooth device's user manual for compatibility.
Your ZTE Max XL is compatible with Bluetooth v4.2 and supports:
- Headset Profile (HSP)
- Hands-Free Profile (HFP)
- Object Push Profile (OPP)
- Generic Object Exchange Profile (GOEP)
- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
- Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
- Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)
- Human Interface Device Profile (HID)
- Personal Area Networking Profile (PAN)
- Device Identification Profile (DI)
- Generic Audio/Video Distribution Profile (GAVDP)
- HID Over GATT Profile (HOGP)
- Message Access Profile (MAP)
- Object Exchange Profile (OBEX)
- Service Discovery Application Profile (SDAP)
If the manual doesn't list any of these protocols, your ZTE Max XL is unable to connect to that Bluetooth device.
2. Is Bluetooth enabled on both devices?
Bluetooth may be turned off on either the Device or the other Bluetooth device. Be sure Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.
- From the home screen, tap the All Apps icon.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- To turn Bluetooth on, tap the Bluetooth switch to On.
3. Is the Bluetooth device in range?
The Bluetooth communication range for most devices, including your ZTE Max XL, is about 30 feet. Be sure your phones are in range.
4. Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset deletes any temporary files that may be causing the issue.
- Press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds.
- The phone will power off and restart.
5. Remove the pairing and re-pair the Bluetooth device.
Removing the pairing, restarting your ZTE Max XL, and then re-pairing the Bluetooth device refreshes and updates your connection.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Device is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, try the Sprint Community pages.