Troubleshoot issues related to text messaging on your device for the Sonim XP8
This article helps troubleshoot text messaging issues on your Sonim XP8
You may have text messaging issues if your phone is:
- Unable to send or receive text messages
- Displaying error codes or network messages when you try to send a text message
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify airplane mode is turned off.
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar with two fingers.
- Turn off Airplane mode if enabled. Note: The icon is white when enabled.
- Verify mobile data is enabled.
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Tap Data usage.
- Ensure the Cellular data switch is ON.
- Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your Sonim XP8 to the Sprint network.
- With the phone powered off, remove the battery cover.
- Remove the battery.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Replace the battery.
- Turn the phone back on.
- Have you ever been able to send or receive a text message on your Sonim XP8?
If your Sonim XP8 is active and you've never been able to text, contact Sprint Customer Care for further troubleshooting.
- Have you moved to the Sonim XP8 from an iPhone?
Some users will experience SMS issues when moving from an iPhone to a non-iOS device like the Sonim XP8.
To resolve this issue the SMS service should be removed from Apple's iMessage service. This can be done from any web browser.
- Go to the Apple iMessage de-registration webpage.
- In the No longer have your iPhone? section, enter your phone number in the Phone Number field.
- Click Send Code.
- Apple will send a message to your phone to confirm your de-registration. Enter that code in the Confirmation Code field.
- Click Submit.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Sonim XP8 is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.