Troubleshoot issues related to making and receiving calls on your device for the Sonim XP8
This article helps troubleshoot making or receiving calls on your Sonim XP8
You may have issues with calls if you have:
- A low signal strength
- Trouble making or receiving calls
- Frequently dropped calls
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify airplane mode is turned off.
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar with two fingers.
- If Airplane mode is enabled, disable by tapping Airplane mode.
Note: The icon is white when enabled.
- Verify mobile data is enabled.
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Tap Data usage.
- Ensure the Mobile data switch is ON.
- Verify if coverage is available at your current location.
If your Sonim XP8 has low signal strength, see if your location is within Sprint voice coverage on the Sprint coverage map.
- Reset the network settings.
Resetting the network settings reconnects your phone to the Sprint network and does not erase any of your content or data.
- From the home screen, tap Phone.
- Dial ##72786#.
- Tap YES to confirm.
- The phone will restart. Hands Free Activation will begin.
- Do you know if other Sprint customers are experiencing the same issue in the same location?
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Sonim XP8 is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, please contact Sprint Customer Care for more help.