Troubleshoot issues related to text messaging on your device for the Sonim XP5s
This article helps troubleshoot text messaging issues on your Sonim XP5 S
You may have text messaging issues if your phone is:
- Unable to send or receive text messages
- Displaying error codes or network messages when you try to send a text message
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify airplane mode is turned off.
- From the home screen, select the Left Nav key.
- Quick settings will be displayed.
- Select Airplane mode by pressing the Center Nav key.
Note: The icon is blue when enabled.
- Verify mobile data is enabled.
- From the home screen, select the Menu Key.
- Select the Settings icon by pressing the Center Nav key.
- Select Data usage by pressing the Center Nav key.
- Scroll down and select Cellular data to turn ON by pressing the Center Nav key.
- The mobile data connection is now enabled or disabled.
Note: If turning mobile data off, select the Cellular data option again.
- Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your Sonim XP5 S to the Sprint network.
- Turn off the device by pressing and holding the Power key, then select OK by pressing the Center Nav key to Power off.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Turn the device back on by pressing the Power key.
- Have you ever been able to send or receive a text message on your Sonim XP5 S?
If your Sonim XP5 S is active and you've never been able to text, contact Sprint Customer Care for further troubleshooting.
- Have you moved to the Device from an iPhone?
Some users will experience SMS issues when moving from an iPhone to a non-iOS device like the Device.
To resolve this issue the SMS service should be removed from Apple's iMessage service. This can be done from any web browser.
- Go to the Apple iMessage de-registration webpage.
- In the No longer have your iPhone? section, enter your phone number in the Phone Number field.
- Click Send Code.
- Apple will send a message to your phone to confirm your de-registration. Enter that code in the Confirmation Code field.
- Click Submit.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Sonim XP5 S is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.