Troubleshoot issues related to making and receiving calls on your device for the Sonim XP5s
This article helps troubleshoot making or receiving calls on your Sonim XP5 S
You may have issues with calls if you have:
- A low signal strength
- Trouble making or receiving calls
- Frequently dropped calls
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify airplane mode is turned off.
- From the home screen, select the Left Nav key.
- Quick settings will be displayed.
- Select Airplane mode by pressing the Center Nav key.
Note: The icon is blue when enabled.
- Verify mobile data is enabled.
- From the home screen, select the Menu Key.
- Select the Settings icon by pressing the Center Nav key.
- Select Data usage by pressing the Center Nav key.
- Scroll down and select Cellular data to turn ON by pressing the Center Nav key.
- The mobile data connection is now enabled or disabled.
Note: If turning mobile data off, select the Cellular data option again.
- Verify if coverage is available at your current location.
If your Sonim XP5 S has low signal strength, see if your location is within Sprint voice coverage on the Sprint coverage map.
- Reset the network settings.
Resetting the network settings reconnects your phone to the Sprint network and does not erase any of your content or data.
- From the home screen, select the Phone icon by pressing the Call key.
- Enter ##72786#.
- Tap OK to confirm.
- The phone will restart and Hands Free Activation will begin.
- Do you know if other Sprint customers are experiencing the same issue in the same location?
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Sonim XP5 S is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, please contact Sprint Customer Care for more help.