Troubleshoot issues related to data connectivity on your device for the Sonim XP5s
This article helps you troubleshoot data connectivity issues on your Sonim XP5 S
You may have data connectivity issues if you're unable to:
- Connect to the Internet
- Browse websites
- Send or receive multimedia messages
- Load Internet content within applications
- Send or receive email
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify airplane mode is turned off.
- From the home screen, select the Left Nav key.
- Quick settings will be displayed.
- Select Airplane mode by pressing the Center Nav key.
- Verify mobile data is enabled.
- From the home screen, select the Menu Key.
- Select the Settings icon by pressing the Center Nav key.
- Select Data usage by pressing the Center Nav key.
- Scroll down and select Cellular data to turn ON by pressing the Center Nav key.
- The mobile data connection is now enabled or disabled.
- Perform a soft reset.
- Turn off the device by pressing and holding the Power key, then select OK by pressing the Center Nav key to Power off.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Press the Power key to turn the device back on.
- Reset the network settings.
Resetting the network settings reconnects your phone to the Sprint network and does not erase any of your content or data.
- From the home screen, select the Phone icon by pressing the Call key.
- Enter ##72786#.
- Tap OK to confirm.
- The phone will restart and Hands Free Activation will begin.
- Do you know if other Sprint customers are experiencing the same problem in the same location?
If yes or you don't know: Please contact Sprint Customer Care for help.
If no: Please find the nearest Sprint Repair center and schedule an appointment so a Sprint technician can further diagnose the issue.
- Temporary solution: Connect to a Wi-Fi network.
You can connect to a Wi-Fi network as a temporary solution.
Note: Most Wi-Fi networks have a range of less than 100 feet indoors and up to 300 feet outdoors. Objects between the router and your Sonim XP5 S may decrease the signal strength.
Connecting to a Wi-Fi network may also improve battery life.
Note: If turning mobile data off, select the Cellular data option again.
A soft reset reconnects your Sonim XP5 S to the Sprint network.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Sonim XP5 S is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, please contact Sprint Customer Care for more help.