Troubleshoot issues related to Bluetooth on your device for the Sonim XP5s
This article helps you troubleshoot Bluetooth issues on your Sonim XP5 S
You may have Bluetooth� issues if your Sonim XP5 S is unable to:
- Pair with a Bluetooth device
- Connect to a Bluetooth device
- Recognize a Bluetooth device
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Does your phone you're pairing with support the same Bluetooth protocols as your Sonim XP5 S?
Refer to the Bluetooth device's user manual for compatibility.
Your Sonim XP5 S is compatible with Bluetooth v4.0 and supports the following profiles:
- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
- Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
- Device Identification Profile (DI)
- Generic Audio/Video Distribution Profile (GAVDP)
- Generic Object Exchange Profile (GOEP)
- Hands-Free Profile (HFP)
- Headset Profile (HSP)
- HID Over GATT Profile (HOGP)
- Human Interface Device Profile (HID)
- Message Access Profile (MAP)
- Object Exchange Profile (OBEX)
- Object Push Profile (OPP)
- Personal Area Networking Profile (PAN)
- Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)
If the manual doesn't list any of these protocols, your Sonim XP5 S is unable to connect to that Bluetooth device.
- Is Bluetooth enabled on both devices?
Bluetooth may be turned off on either the Sonim XP5 S or the other Bluetooth device. Be sure Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.
- From the home screen, select the Left Nav key.
- The Quick settings will be displayed.
- Select Bluetooth by pressing the Center Nav key.
Note: The icon is blue when enabled.
- Is the Bluetooth device in range?
- Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset deletes any temporary files that may be causing the issue.
- Turn off the device by pressing and holding the Power key, then select OK by pressing the Center Nav key to Power off.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Press the Power key to turn the device back on.
- Remove the pairing and re-pair the Bluetooth device.
Removing the pairing, restarting your Sonim XP5 S, and then re-pairing the Bluetooth device refreshes and updates your connection.
The Bluetooth communication range for most devices, including your Sonim XP5 S, is about 30 feet. Be sure your phones are in range.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Sonim XP5 S is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, contact Sprint Customer Care.