Troubleshoot issues related to low internal memory on your device for the Sonim XP3
This article helps you troubleshoot low internal memory issues on your Sonim XP3800
You may have low internal memory issues if your phone is:
- Displaying low memory error messages
- Unable to install applications
- Freezing or unresponsive
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
Low memory issues can arise when you have too many applications on your Sonim XP3800 or when you need to clear your application cache.
- Determine if your phone has low memory.
- From the home screen, select the Menu key.
- Select Settings by pressing the Center Nav key.
- Scroll to and select Storage by pressing the Center Nav key.
- Refer to Available in the Overview section to determine if your phone has low memory.
- Clear application cache.
- Perform a soft reset.
- Turn off the device by pressing and holding the Power key, then select OK by pressing the Center Nav key to Power off.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Press the Power key to turn the device back on.
Note: Your Sonim XP3800 comes with some pre-installed applications that you can't uninstall.
Each application has a cache of temporary files that may be taking up memory. Try clearing the application cache from your larger applications to free up space. Continue to clear the cache on the rest of your apps. You may not be able to clear the cache for every application. Rarely, an application may not function as expected afterward. Be sure you clear only the application cache and not the application data.
If you clear the application data, you remove your personal settings and info such as login information and high scores. If you clear the application cache, you don't remove your personal settings or information.
A soft reset deletes any temporary files and can potentially free up internal memory.
Note:To optimize device performance, be sure your Sonim XP3800 is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.