Troubleshoot issues related to text messaging on your device for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 6
This article helps troubleshoot text messaging issues on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
- You may have text messaging issues if your phone is:
- Unable to send or receive text messages
Displaying error codes or network messages when you try to send a text message
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify airplane mode is turned off.
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar with two fingers.
- Turn off Airplane mode if enabled. Note: The icon is blue when enabled.
- Verify mobile data is enabled.
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Tap Connections.
- Tap Data usage.
- Ensure the Mobile data switch is ON.
- Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 to the Sprint network.
- Turn off the device by pressing and holding the Power key, then tap Power off.
- Tap Power off again to confirm.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Turn the device back on by pressing the Power key.
- Have you ever been able to send or receive a text message on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S6?
If your Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 is active and you've never been able to text, contact Sprint Customer Care for further troubleshooting.
- Have you moved to the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 from an iPhone?
- Go to the Apple iMessage de-registration webpage.
- In the No longer have your iPhone? section, enter your phone number in the Phone Number field.
- Click Send Code.
- Apple will send a message to your phone to confirm your de-registration. Enter that code in the Confirmation Code field.
- Click Submit.
Some users will experience SMS issues when moving from an iPhone to a non-iOS device like the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6.
To resolve this issue the SMS service should be removed from Apple's iMessage service. This can be done from any web browser.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.