Troubleshoot issues related to text messaging on your device for the Samsung Galaxy S8+
This article helps troubleshoot text messaging issues on your Device
You may have text messaging issues if your phone is:
- Unable to send or receive text messages
- Displaying error codes or network messages when you try to send a text message
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
1. Verify airplane mode is turned off.
- From the home screen, scroll down the Status bar.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Airplane mode.
- If Airplane mode is ON, tap the switch to turn it OFF.
2. Verify your Device is connected to the Nationwide Sprint Mobile 4G LTE Network using My Account App.
- From the home screen, swipe up to view Apps.
- Scroll to and tap My Sprint App.
- Swipe to the left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Look for Network:
- Network is in the Passed section: Your phone is connected to the Nationwide Sprint Mobile 4G LTE Network.
- Network is in the Failed or Flagged section: Update the PRL.
- From Device Diagnostics, tap Network.
- Tap Network PRL.
- After the update is complete, tap OK.
3. Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your Device to the Nationwide Sprint Mobile 4G LTE Network.
- Turn off the device by pressing the Power/Lock key.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Turn the phone back on.
4. Have you ever been able to send or receive a text message on your Device?
If your Device is active and you've never been able to text, please select your provider to contact Customer Care:
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Device is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.