Troubleshoot issues related to Bluetooth on your device for the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
This article helps you troubleshoot Bluetooth issues on your Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
You may have Bluetooth� issues if your Samsung Galaxy S8 Active is unable to:
- Pair with a Bluetooth device
- Connect to a Bluetooth device
- Recognize a Bluetooth device
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Does your phone you're pairing with support the same Bluetooth protocols as your Samsung Galaxy S8 Active?
Refer to the Bluetooth device's user manual for compatibility.
Your Samsung Galaxy S8 Active is compatible with Bluetooth v5.0 and supports the following profiles:
- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
- Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
- Device Identification Profile (DI)
- Generic Audio/Video Distribution Profile (GAVDP)
- Generic Object Exchange Profile (GOEP)
- Health Device Profile (HDP)
- Hands-Free Profile (HFP)
- Human Interface Device Profile (HID)
- HID Over GATT Profile (HOGP)
- Headset Profile (HSP)
- Message Access Profile (MAP)
- Object Exchange Profile (OBEX)
- Object Push Profile (OPP)
- Personal Area Networking Profile (PAN)
- Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)
- Serial Port Profile (SPP)
If the manual doesn't list any of these protocols, your Samsung Galaxy S8 is unable to connect to that Bluetooth device.
- Is Bluetooth enabled on both devices?
Bluetooth may be turned off on either the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active or the other Bluetooth device. Be sure Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.
- From the home screen, swipe to and tap Settings.
- Tap Connections.
- Tap the Bluetooth switch to ON if needed.
- Is the Bluetooth device in range?
The Bluetooth communication range for most devices, including your Samsung Galaxy S8 Active, is about 30 feet. Be sure your phones are in range.
- Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset deletes any temporary files that may be causing the issue.
- Turn off the device by pressing and holding the Power key, then tap Power off.
- Tap Power off to confirm.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Press the Power key to turn the device back on.
- Remove the pairing and re-pair the Bluetooth device.
Removing the pairing, restarting your Samsung Galaxy S8 Active, and then re-pairing the Bluetooth device refreshes and updates your connection.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Samsung Galaxy S8 Active is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, contact Sprint Customer Care.