Troubleshoot issues related to Bluetooth on your device for the Samsung Galaxy Note10+
This article helps you troubleshoot Bluetooth issues on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
You may have Bluetooth� issues if your Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ is unable to:
- Pair with a Bluetooth device
- Connect to a Bluetooth device
- Recognize a Bluetooth device
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
1. Does your phone you're pairing with support the same Bluetooth protocols as your Samsung Galaxy Note 10+?
Refer to the Bluetooth device's user manual for compatibility.
Your Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ is compatible with Bluetooth v4.2 and supports:
- Headset Profile (HSP)
- Hands-Free Profile (HFP)
- Object Push Profile (OPP)
- Generic Object Exchange Profile (GOEP)
- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
- Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
- Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)
- Human Interface Device Profile (HID)
- Personal Area Networking Profile (PAN)
- Device Identification Profile (DI)
- Generic Audio/Video Distribution Profile (GAVDP)
- HID Over GATT Profile (HOGP)
- Message Access Profile (MAP)
- Object Exchange Profile (OBEX)
- Service Discovery Application Profile (SDAP)
If the manual doesn't list any of these protocols, your Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ is unable to connect to that Bluetooth device.
2. Is Bluetooth enabled on both devices?
Bluetooth may be turned off on either the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ or the other Bluetooth device. Be sure Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Tap Connections.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- To turn Bluetooth on, tap the Bluetooth switch to On.
3. Is the Bluetooth device in range?
The Bluetooth communication range for most devices, including your Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, is about 30 feet. Be sure your phones are in range.
4. Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ to the Sprint Mobile network:
- Turn off the device by pressing the Power/Lock key and Volume down key, then tap Power off.
- Tap Power off again.
- Wait for 10 seconds.
- Press the Power/Lock key to turn the device back on.
5. Remove the pairing and re-pair the Bluetooth device.
Removing the pairing, restarting your Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, and then re-pairing the Bluetooth device refreshes and updates your connection.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, try the Sprint Community pages