Troubleshoot issues related to Bluetooth on your device for the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G
This article helps you troubleshoot Bluetooth issues on your OnePlus 7 Pro 5G
You may have Bluetooth� issues if your OnePlus 7 Pro 5G is unable to:
- Pair with a Bluetooth device
- Connect to a Bluetooth device
- Recognize a Bluetooth device
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
1. Does your phone you're pairing with support the same Bluetooth protocols as your OnePlus 7 Pro 5G?
Refer to the Bluetooth device's user manual for compatibility.
Your OnePlus 7 Pro is compatible with Bluetooth v4.2 and supports:
- Headset Profile (HSP)
- Hands-Free Profile (HFP)
- Object Push Profile (OPP)
- Generic Object Exchange Profile (GOEP)
- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
- Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
- Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)
- Human Interface Device Profile (HID)
- Personal Area Networking Profile (PAN)
- Device Identification Profile (DI)
- Generic Audio/Video Distribution Profile (GAVDP)
- HID Over GATT Profile (HOGP)
- Message Access Profile (MAP)
- Object Exchange Profile (OBEX)
- Service Discovery Application Profile (SDAP) is unable to connect to that Bluetooth device.
2. Is Bluetooth enabled on both devices?
Bluetooth may be turned off on either the OnePlus 7 Pro or the other Bluetooth device. Be sure Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Tap Bluetooth & device connection.
- Tap Discoverable switch to On.
3. Is the Bluetooth device in range?
- Turn off the device by pressing the Power/Lock key.
- Tap Power off.
- Wait for 10 seconds.
- Turn the phone back on.
The Bluetooth communication range for most devices, including your OnePlus 7 Pro 5G, is about 30 feet. Be sure your phones are in range.
4. Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your OnePlus 7 Pro 5G to the Sprint network:
5. Remove the pairing and re-pair the Bluetooth device.
Removing the pairing, restarting your OnePlus 7 Pro 5G, and then re-pairing the Bluetooth device refreshes and updates your connection.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your OnePlus 7 Pro 5G is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, try the Sprint Community pages.