Troubleshoot issues related to text messaging on your device for the Moto z³ play
This article helps troubleshoot text messaging issues on your Motorola Moto Z3 Play
You may have text messaging issues if your phone is:
- Unable to send or receive text messages
- Displaying error codes or network messages when you try to send a text message
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify airplane mode is turned off.
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar with two fingers.
- If Airplane mode is enabled, disable by tapping Airplane mode. Note: The icon is black when enabled.
- Verify mobile data is enabled.
- 1. From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Tap Network & Internet.
- Tap Data usage.
- Ensure the Mobile data switch is ON.
- Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your Motorola Moto Z3 Play to the Sprint network.
- Turn off the device by pressing and holding the Power/lock key, then tap Power off.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Turn the device back on by pressing the Power key.
- Have you ever been able to send or receive a text message on your Motorola Moto Z3 Play?
If your Motorola Moto Z3 Play is active and you've never been able to text, contact Sprint Customer Care for further troubleshooting.
- Have you moved to the Motorola Moto Z3 Play from an iPhone?
Some users will experience SMS issues when moving from an iPhone to a non-iOS device like the Motorola Moto Z3 Play.
To resolve this issue the SMS service should be removed from Apple's iMessage service. This can be done from any web browser.
- Go to the Apple iMessage de-registration webpage.
- In the No longer have your iPhone? section, enter your phone number in the Phone Number field.
- Click Send Code.
- Apple will send a message to your phone to confirm your de-registration. Enter that code in the Confirmation Code field.
- Click Submit.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Motorola Moto Z3 Play is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.