Troubleshoot issues related to data connectivity on your device for the Moto z³ play
This article helps you troubleshoot data connectivity issues on your Motorola Moto Z3 Play
You may have data connectivity issues if you're unable to:
- Connect to the Internet
- Browse websites
- Send or receive multimedia messages
- Load Internet content within applications
- Send or receive email
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify airplane mode is turned off.
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar with two fingers.
- Turn off Airplane mode if enabled. Note: The icon is black when enabled.
- Verify mobile data is enabled.
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Tap Network & Internet.
- Tap Data usage.
- Ensure the Mobile data switch is ON.
- Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your Motorola Moto Z3 Play to the Sprint network.
- Turn off the device by pressing and holding the Power/lock key, then tap Power off.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Turn the device back on by pressing the Power key.
- Reset the network settings.
Resetting the network settings reconnects your phone to the Sprint network and does not erase any of your content or data.
- From the home screen, tap Phone.
- Dial ##72786#.
- Tap YES. The phone will restart.
- After it restarts and reconnects to the network, your phone automatically launches hands-free activation.
- Do you know if other Sprint customers are experiencing the same problem in the same location?
If yes or you don't know: Please contact Sprint Customer Care for help.
If no: Please find the nearest Sprint Repair center and schedule an appointment so a Sprint technician can further diagnose the issue.
- Temporary solution: Connect to a Wi-Fi network.
You can connect to a Wi-Fi network as a temporary solution.
Note: Most Wi-Fi networks have a range of less than 100 feet indoors and up to 300 feet outdoors. Objects between the router and your Motorola Moto Z3 Play may decrease the signal strength.
Connecting to a Wi-Fi network may also improve battery life.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Motorola Moto Z3 Play is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, please contact Sprint Customer Care for more help.