Troubleshoot issues related to Bluetooth on your device for the Moto z³ play
This article helps you troubleshoot Bluetooth issues on your Motorola Moto Z3 Play
You may have Bluetooth issues if your Motorola Moto Z3 Play is unable to:
- Pair with a Bluetooth device
- Connect to a Bluetooth device
- Recognize a Bluetooth device
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Does your phone you're pairing with support the same Bluetooth protocols as your Motorola Moto Z3 Play?
Refer to the Bluetooth device's user manual for compatibility.
Your Motorola Moto Z3 Play is compatible with Bluetooth 5.0 and supports:
- Basic Imaging Profile (BIP)
- Calendar Tasks and Notes Profile (CTNP)
- Headset Profile (HSP)
- Hands-Free Profile (HFP)
- Object Push Profile (OPP)
- Generic Object Exchange Profile (GOEP)
- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
- Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
- Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)
- Human Interface Device Profile (HID)
- Personal Area Networking Profile (PAN)
- Device Identification Profile (DI)
- Generic Audio/Video Distribution Profile (GAVDP)
- HID Over GATT Profile (HOGP)
- Message Access Profile (MAP)
- Object Exchange Profile (OBEX)
- Service Discovery Application Profile (SDAP)
If the manual doesn't list any of these protocols, your Motorola Moto Z3 Play is unable to connect to that Bluetooth device.
Bluetooth may be turned off on either the Motorola Moto Z3 Play or the other Bluetooth device. Be sure Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Tap Connected devices.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Toggle the Bluetooth switch to turn it ON.
The Bluetooth communication range for most devices, including your Motorola Moto Z3 Play, is about 300 feet. Be sure your phone is in range.
A soft reset reconnects your Motorola Moto Z3 Play to the Sprint Mobile network:
- Turn off the device by pressing and holding the Power/Lock key, then tap Power off.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Press the Power key to turn the device back on.
Removing the pairing, restarting your Motorola Moto Z3 Play, and then re-pairing the Bluetooth device refreshes and updates your connection.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Motorola Moto Z3 Play is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, try the Sprint Community pages.