Troubleshoot issues related to the touchscreen on your device for the Motorola G5 BYOD
This article helps troubleshoot the touchscreen not responding on your Motorola Moto G5 Plus
You may have touchscreen issues if your phone:
- Screen doesn't respond to your touch
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
1. Verify if your screen protector or protective case is interfering with the touchscreen.
Sometimes, the thickness or texture of a screen protector or the pressure of a protective case affects the touchscreen's performance.
Try removing any screen protector or case, and test to see if your issue is fixed.
Caution: Some screen protectors may not reapply properly.
Note: Use only Motorola Moto G5 Plus-compatible protective cases.
2. Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset deletes any temporary files that may be causing the issue.
1. Press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds.
2. The phone will power off and restart.
3. Identify if the operating system is affecting touchscreen functionality.
If these steps don't solve your issue, a broader performance issue may be the cause.
4. Perform a hardware factory reset.
Note: A hardware factory reset will erase ALL information on the phone! Any information that is not backed up online or to the SD card will be PERMANENTLY LOST.
Note:To optimize device performance, be sure your Motorola Moto G5 Plus is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.