Troubleshoot issues related to low internal memory on your device for the Motorola G5 BYOD
This article helps you troubleshoot low internal memory issues on your Motorola Moto G5 Plus
You may have low internal memory issues if your phone is:
- Displaying low memory error messages
- Unable to install applications
- Freezing or unresponsive
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
Low memory issues can arise when you have too many applications on your Motorola Moto G5 Plus or when you need to clear your application cache.
1. Verify your Motorola Moto G5 Plus has available memory.
1. From the home screen, tap the All Apps icon.
2. Scroll to and tap Settings.
3. Scroll to and tap Storage & USB.
4. The amount of available memory is displayed.
2. Uninstall unused applications.
Sprint recommends that you uninstall unused applications when possible. It helps free up internal memory and can improve device performance.
Note: Your Motorola Moto G5 Plus comes with some pre-installed applications that you can't uninstall.
3. Clear application cache.
Each application has a cache of temporary files that may be taking up memory.
Try clearing the application cache from your larger applications to free up space.
Continue to clear the cache on the rest of your apps.
You may not be able to clear the cache for every application.
Rarely, an application may not function as expected afterward.
Be sure you clear only the application cacheand not the application data.
1. If you clear the application data, you remove your personal settings and info such as login information and high scores.
2. If you clear the application cache, you don't remove your personal settings or information.
3. From the home screen, tap the All Apps icon.
4. Scroll to and tap Settings.
5. Scroll to and tap Apps.
6. Scroll to and tap the application.
7. Tap Storage.
8. Tap CLEAR CACHE.
4. Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset deletes any temporary files and can potentially free up internal memory.
1. Press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds.
2. The phone will power off and restart.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Motorola Moto G5 Plus is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.