Troubleshoot issues related to making and receiving calls on your device for the Moto e5 play
This article helps troubleshoot making or receiving calls on your Moto E5 Play
You may have issues with calls if you have:
- A low signal strength
- Trouble making or receiving calls
- Frequently dropped calls
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify airplane mode is turned off.
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar with two fingers to access the Quick Settings menu.
- If Airplane mode is enabled, disable by tapping Airplane mode.
Note: The icon is grey when disabled.
- Verify mobile data is enabled.
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Tap Network & internet.
- Tap Data usage.
- Ensure that Mobile data is enabled.
- Verify if coverage is available at your current location.
If your Moto E5 Play has low signal strength, see if your location is within Sprint voice coverage on the Sprint coverage map.
- Reset the network settings.
Resetting the network settings reconnects your phone to the Sprint network and does not erase any of your content or data.
- From the home screen, tap the Phone icon.
- Enter ##72786#.
- Tap Yes to confirm.
- The phone will restart and Hands Free Activation will begin.
- Do you know if other Sprint customers are experiencing the same issue in the same location?
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Moto E5 Play is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, please contact Sprint Customer Care for more help.