Troubleshoot issues related to Bluetooth on your device for the moto e4 plus
This article helps you troubleshoot Bluetooth issues on Motorola E4 Plus
You may have Bluetooth issues if your Motorola E4 Plus is unable to:
- Pair with a Bluetooth device
- Connect to a Bluetooth device
- Recognize a Bluetooth device
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
1. Does your phone you're pairing with support the same Bluetooth protocols as your Motorola E4 Plus?
Refer to the Bluetooth device's user manual for compatibility.
Your Motorola E4 Plus is compatible with Bluetooth v4.2 and supports:
- Headset Profile (HSP)
- Hands-Free Profile (HFP)
- Object Push Profile (OPP)
- Generic Object Exchange Profile (GOEP)
- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
- Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
- Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)
- Human Interface Device Profile (HID)
- Personal Area Networking Profile (PAN)
- Device Identification Profile (DI)
- Generic Audio/Video Distribution Profile (GAVDP)
- HID Over GATT Profile (HOGP)
- Message Access Profile (MAP)
- Object Exchange Profile (OBEX)
- Service Discovery Application Profile (SDAP)
If the manual doesn't list any of these protocols, your Motorola E4 Plus is unable to connect to that Bluetooth device.
2. Is Bluetooth enabled on both devices?
Bluetooth may be turned off on either the Device or the other Bluetooth device. Be sure Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.
- From the home screen, swipe up to view the App drawer.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- To turn Bluetooth on, tap the Bluetooth switch to On.
3. Is the Bluetooth device in range?
The Bluetooth communication range for most devices, including your Motorola E4 Plus, is about 30 feet. Be sure your phones are in range.
4. Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset deletes any temporary files that may be causing the issue.
- Turn your phone off
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Turn your phone back on.
5. Remove the pairing and re-pair the Bluetooth device.
Removing the pairing, restarting your Motorola E4 Plus, and then re-pairing the Bluetooth device refreshes and updates your connection.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Motorola E4 Plus is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, try the Sprint Community pages.