Troubleshoot issues related to email on your device for the Moto E4 Open Market
This article helps troubleshoot email issues on your Motorola E4
You may have email issues if you're unable to:
- Send emails
- Receive emails
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
1. Verify mobile data is enabled.
- From the home screen, swipe up to view app drawer.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Tap Data usage.
- If needed, tap to enable Cellular data.
3. Verify that the email address and password are correct.
On your Motorola E4 web browser, navigate to your email provider's website and try to sign in to your email account.
If you're unable to sign in, double-check that you entered the correct username and password.
If you recently updated your email account password, you also must update the email settings on your Motorola E4.
4. Double-check that you have set up your email account correctly on your Motorola E4.
Be sure that you've entered the exact settings for each email account you want to access. The instructions are different depending on the type of email account you're trying to set up.
- For a personal email address:
This is the most common scenario and includes all major public email providers such as Yahoo!, Hotmail, Gmail, and AOL.
- If you've already set up the email address on your Motorola E4, try removing it from your phone to delete any incorrect settings. Removing your email account doesn't delete any of your emails, it only removes the link to your account for now. Remove an email account.
- For a business email address via Microsoft Exchange:
Many companies provide a Microsoft Exchange email address to their employees.
Sprint recommends that you contact your IT department for the correct setup information. You'll need your server address, domain, username, and your corporate password.
After you have this information, set up the Microsoft Exchange account If your Exchange account still doesn't work, contact your corporate IT department for more help.
5. Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your Motorola E4 to the Sprint Mobile network
- Turn off the device by pressing the Power/Lock key.
- Remove the battery. After 30 seconds, reinsert the battery..
- Turn the phone back on.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Motorola E4 is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates