Troubleshoot issues related to email on your device for the LG X charge
This article helps troubleshoot email issues on your LG X-Charge.
You may have email issues if you're unable to:
- Send emails
- Receive emails
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
1. Verify mobile data is enabled.
- From the home screen, swipe down the status bar.
- Tap Settings.
- In the Networks tab, tap Mobile data.
- If needed, tap to enable Mobile data.
2. Update the data profile.
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar. Note: Updating the data profile requires that the device be in your network coverage area.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- In the General tab, scroll to and tap System Updates.
- Tap Update Profile.
- Once the profile update is complete, tap OK.
- The data profile is now up to date.
If your device still can't connect to data, troubleshoot data connectivity
3. Verify that the email address and password are correct.
On your device web browser, navigate to your email provider's website and try to sign in to your email account.
If you're unable to sign in, double-check that you entered the correct username and password.
If you recently updated your email account password, you also must update the email settings on your device.
4. Double-check that you have set up your email account correctly on your Device.
Be sure that you've entered the exact settings for each email account you want to access. The instructions are different depending on the type of email account you're trying to set up.
- For a personal email address:
This is the most common scenario and includes all major public email providers such as Yahoo!, Hotmail, Gmail, and AOL.
- For a business email address via Microsoft Exchange:
Many companies provide a Microsoft Exchange email address to their employees.
Sprint recommends that you contact your IT department for the correct setup information. You'll need your server address, domain, username, and your corporate password.
After you have this information, set up the Microsoft Exchange account. If your Exchange account still doesn't work, contact your corporate IT department for more help.
5. Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your device to the Sprint Mobile network
- Turn off the device by pressing the Power/Lock key.
- Wait for 10 seconds.
- Turn the phone back on.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your device is running the most recent device software. Check for software updatesIf you're still having issues, please try the Sprint Community pages or contact Sprint Mobile Customer Care for more help.