Troubleshoot issues related to Bluetooth on your device for the LG X charge
This article helps you troubleshoot Bluetooth issues on your LG X-Charge
You may have Bluetooth� issues if your Device is unable to:
- Pair with a Bluetooth device
- Connect to a Bluetooth device
- Recognize a Bluetooth device
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
1. Does your phone you're pairing with support the same Bluetooth protocols as your LG X-Charge?
Refer to the Bluetooth device's user manual for compatibility.
Your Device is compatible with Bluetooth v4.0 and supports:
- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
- Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
- Device Identification Profile (DI)
- Generic Audio/Video Distribution Profile (GAVDP)
- Generic Object Exchange Profile (GOEP)
- Hands-Free Profile (HFP)
- Headset Profile (HSP)
- HID Over GATT Profile (HOGP)
- Human Interface Device Profile (HID)
- Message Access Profile (MAP)
- Object Exchange Profile (OBEX)
- Object Push Profile (OPP)
- Personal Area Networking Profile (PAN)
- Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)
If the manual doesn't list any of these protocols, your Device is unable to connect to that Bluetooth device.
2. Is Bluetooth enabled on both devices?
Bluetooth may be turned off on either the Device or the other Bluetooth device. Be sure Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.
- From the home screen, Swipe down the status bar.
- Tap Settings.
- In the Networks tab, Tap Bluetooth.
- To turn Bluetooth on, tap the Bluetooth switch to On.
3. Is the Bluetooth device in range?
The Bluetooth communication range for most devices, including your Device, is about 30 feet. Be sure your phones are in range.
4. Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset deletes any temporary files that may be causing the issue.
- Press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds.
- The phone will power off and restart.
5. Remove the pairing and re-pair the Bluetooth device.
Removing the pairing, restarting your Device, and then re-pairing the Bluetooth device refreshes and updates your connection.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your Device is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, try the Sprint Community pages.