Troubleshoot issues related to low internal memory on your device for the LG Stylo 5
This article helps you troubleshoot low internal memory issues on your LG Stylo 5
You may have low internal memory issues if your phone is:
- Displaying low memory error messages
- Unable to install applications
- Freezing or unresponsive
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
Low memory issues can arise when you have too many applications on your LG Stylo 5 or when you need to clear your application cache.
- Determine if your phone has low memory.
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- In the General tab, tap Memory.
- Refer to Free in the overview section to determine if your phone has low memory.
- Uninstall unused applications.
Sprint recommends that you uninstall unused applications when possible. It helps free up internal memory and can improve device performance.
Note: Your LG Stylo 5 comes with some pre-installed applications that you can't uninstall.
- Clear application cache.
Each application has a cache of temporary files that may be taking up memory. Try clearing the application cache from your larger applications to free up space. Continue to clear the cache on the rest of your apps. You may not be able to clear the cache for every application. Rarely, an application may not function as expected afterward. Be sure you clear only the application cache and not the application data.
If you clear the application data, you remove your personal settings and info such as login information and high scores. If you clear the application cache, you don't remove your personal settings or information.
- Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset deletes any temporary files and can potentially free up internal memory.
- Turn off the device by pressing and holding the Power key, then tap Power off.
- Tap Power off to confirm.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Turn the device back on by pressing the Power key.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your LG Stylo 5 is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.