Troubleshoot issues related to Bluetooth on your device for the LG Stylo 5
This article helps you troubleshoot Bluetooth issues on your LG Stylo 5
You may have Bluetooth� issues if your LG Stylo 5 is unable to:
- Pair with a Bluetooth device
- Connect to a Bluetooth device
- Recognize a Bluetooth device
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Does your phone you're pairing with support the same Bluetooth protocols as your LG Stylo 5?
Refer to the Bluetooth device's user manual for compatibility.
Your LG Stylo 5 is compatible with Bluetooth V4.2 and supports the following profiles:
- Basic Imaging Profile (BIP)
- Calendar Tasks and Notes Profile (CTNP)
- Headset Profile (HSP)
- Hands-Free Profile (HFP)
- Object Push Profile (OPP)
- Generic Object Exchange Profile (GOEP)
- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
- Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
- Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)
- Human Interface Device Profile (HID)
- Personal Area Networking Profile (PAN)
- Device Identification Profile (DI)
- Generic Audio/Video Distribution Profile (GAVDP)
- HID Over GATT Profile (HOGP)
- Message Access Profile (MAP)
- Object Exchange Profile (OBEX)
- Service Discovery Application Profile (SDAP)
If the manual doesn't list any of these protocols, your LG Stylo 5 is unable to connect to that Bluetooth device.
- Is Bluetooth enabled on both devices?
Bluetooth may be turned off on either the LG Stylo 5 or the other Bluetooth device. Be sure Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- In the General tab, tap the Bluetooth switch to ON if needed.
- Is the Bluetooth device in range?
The Bluetooth communication range for most devices, including your LG Stylo 5, is about 30 feet. Be sure your phones are in range.
- Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset deletes any temporary files that may be causing the issue.
- Turn off the device by pressing and holding the Power/Lock key, then tap Power off.
- Tap Power off to confirm.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Press the Power key to turn the device back on.
- Remove the pairing and re-pair the Bluetooth device.
Removing the pairing, restarting your LG Stylo 5, and then re-pairing the Bluetooth device refreshes and updates your connection.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your LG Stylo 5 is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, contact Sprint Customer Care.