Troubleshoot issues related to text messaging on your device for the LG K30
This article helps troubleshoot text messaging issues on your LG K30
You may have text messaging issues if your phone is:
- Unable to send or receive text messages
- Displaying error codes or network messages when you try to send a text message
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Verify airplane mode is turned off.
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar with two fingers.
- If Airplane mode is enabled, disable by tapping Airplane mode. Note: The icon is blue when enabled.
- Verify mobile data is enabled.
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- In the Network tab, ensure Mobile data is ON.
- Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset reconnects your LG K30 to the Sprint network.
- Turn off the device by pressing and holding the Power key, then tap Power off.
- Tap Power off to confirm.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Turn the device back on by pressing the Power key.
- Have you ever been able to send or receive a text message on your LG K30?
If your LG K30 is active and you've never been able to text, contact Sprint Customer Care for further troubleshooting.
- Have you moved to the LG K30 from an iPhone?
Some users will experience SMS issues when moving from an iPhone to a non-iOS device like the LG K30.
To resolve this issue the SMS service should be removed from Apple's iMessage service. This can be done from any web browser.
- Go to the Apple iMessage de-registration webpage.
- In the No longer have your iPhone? section, enter your phone number in the Phone Number field.
- Click Send Code.
- Apple will send a message to your phone to confirm your de-registration. Enter that code in the Confirmation Code field.
- Click Submit.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your LG K30 is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.