Troubleshoot issues related to Bluetooth on your device for the LG G8 ThinQ
This article helps you troubleshoot Bluetooth issues on your LG G8 ThinQ
You may have Bluetooth� issues if your LG G8 ThinQ is unable to:
- Pair with a Bluetooth device
- Connect to a Bluetooth device
- Recognize a Bluetooth device
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
- Does your phone you're pairing with support the same Bluetooth protocols as your LG G8 ThinQ?
Refer to the Bluetooth device's user manual for compatibility.
Your LG G8 ThinQ is compatible with Bluetooth V4.2 and supports the following profiles:
- Basic Imaging Profile (BIP)
- Calendar Tasks and Notes Profile (CTNP)
- Headset Profile (HSP)
- Hands-Free Profile (HFP)
- Object Push Profile (OPP)
- Generic Object Exchange Profile (GOEP)
- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
- Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
- Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)
- Human Interface Device Profile (HID)
- Personal Area Networking Profile (PAN)
- Device Identification Profile (DI)
- Generic Audio/Video Distribution Profile (GAVDP)
- HID Over GATT Profile (HOGP)
- Message Access Profile (MAP)
- Object Exchange Profile (OBEX)
- Service Discovery Application Profile (SDAP)
If the manual doesn't list any of these protocols, your LG G8 ThinQ is unable to connect to that Bluetooth device.
- Is Bluetooth enabled on both devices?
Bluetooth may be turned off on either the LG G8 ThinQ or the other Bluetooth device. Be sure Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- In the General tab, tap the Bluetooth switch to ON if needed.
- Is the Bluetooth device in range?
The Bluetooth communication range for most devices, including your LG G8 ThinQ, is about 30 feet. Be sure your phones are in range.
- Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset deletes any temporary files that may be causing the issue.
- Turn off the device by pressing and holding the Power/Lock key, then tap Power off.
- Tap Power off to confirm.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Press the Power key to turn the device back on.
- Remove the pairing and re-pair the Bluetooth device.
Removing the pairing, restarting your LG G8 ThinQ, and then re-pairing the Bluetooth device refreshes and updates your connection.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your LG G8 ThinQ is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, contact Sprint Customer Care.